By christmaswillneverend - 02/01/2013 00:18 - United States - Red Lion

Today, at my four-year-old daughter's insistence, I looked for - and found - a radio station that plays "Santa music" all year round. She's ecstatic and I can't turn it off without upsetting her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 019
You deserved it 11 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't let your kids become your boss, show your kid who's in charge. Or learn to love Santa music

The_Tool1 13

That's when you throw the radio away and tell her you don't know what happened to it.

Comments

The_Tool1 13

That's when you throw the radio away and tell her you don't know what happened to it.

That might work, unless their radio happens to also be their computer...

The_Tool1 13

That's true, I was also thinking about a car radio too. I guess it all has to go!

TSay someone robbed you, felt bad and was about to leave, noticed your radio playing Christmas music and realized you deserved it.

Or turn it off, no need to throw it out or lie about it. She'll forget about it soon enough.

Yes! She will get over it if you say no.

I don't think she will forget about it so easily. Four year olds can be stubborn. But, you shouldn't lie to her either. The best thing to do would be to tell her the truth - that kind of music makes you want to take all her toys back to the store and give all her future toys to charity. It always worked for me.

That's what I did when my niece would listen to her new Lady Gaga CD on repeat all day! Apparently, the thief in my neighborhood likes only radios and Lady Gaga CDs! lol

Or only let her listen for a certain amount of time and only if she behaves. Ask her to help put her toys away and put it on for 30 minutes. You are the parent here, a child whining shouldn't dictate what you decide to do.

Don't let your kids become your boss, show your kid who's in charge. Or learn to love Santa music

conholio33 28

Just change the station and say you dont know why they changed the music... She wont know

Psych101 9

Younger kids always have these obsessions phases. I remember my younger brother watched the Jimmy Neutron movie every day for about a month when he was five. She'll get tired of it soon. In the meantime, have fun.

Wait for the Christmas excitement to wear off and she really wont care anymore.

Yeah just like my little cousin, she's obsessed with despicable me and every time I go over to baby sit we watch it at least 3 times until my aunt comes home -.-

Tell her your the boss. It's that simple.

That didn't work so well with my mom.

Say you lost it again. Maybe switch to AM or something if she knows the station number.

I'd say chances are she'll grow out of it, that it's just a phase. But at the age of 4, you'll just have to wait for something else to catch her attention.

Normally, I'd say you need to lighten up, but it's pass Chirstmas time. Why are radio stations still playing that kind of music?

Maybe she's using other radio services such as Internet radios. (one example is Pandora)