By Anonymous - 18/10/2017 16:00 - United States - Indianapolis

Today, after extensive tests due to pregnancy-related issues, I've been told my diet must change. I can no longer eat salt, sugar, gluten, or meat, and lactose is questionable. The doctor hopes it will end after the birth. Seven months to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 481
You deserved it 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

Seven months? I thought the human body can only go for about a week without food.

AnthonyCS5 19

Your unborn child is already calling the shots! Seven months and 18 years to go!

Comments

"Sugar. Doo doo doo doo doo doo. Oh, honey, honey. Doo doo doo doo doo doo. You are my candy girl..." Or "Pour some sugar on me! Ooh, in the name of love!" I don't know any songs about gluten.

I would get a second opinion because that sound ridiculous

That does suck. I would definitely seek a second opinion.

neuronerd 28

I'd ask a gluten free vegan for suggestions. If you avoid processed foods, you shouldn't have salt or sugar problems. While it's not a diet I'd enjoy, and I sympathize, it is doable in a healthy way that should provide enough nutrients for both you and the fetus. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy other foods again after your pregnancy.

boopingsnoot 24

Spaghetti squash with pasta sauce (parmesan has very little lactose!), sweet potato, corn grits, fruit smoothies with soy milk or lactaid milk, and there's a lot of good veggies most people overlook. Best of luck to you and your picky child!

Yummi_913 18

This child is going to be allergic to EVERYTHING!!

That’s all bullshit. Eat what you want and the baby will turn out fine. A bagel won’t cause a miscarriage for ***** sake

Err, no, eating a bagel very well could cause a miscarriage if it causes OP to go into anaphylactic shock, or even if it causes sufficient inflammation for the body to reject the fetus. Medical Science: Learn it before you say shit that could get someone killed or do grievous harm. The human body gets all kinds of weird during pregnancy, and despite what people are told- and despite what the person themself may want- the uterus is actually INTENDED to cause most pregnancies to fail, so that the ones that do reach the end are more likely to survive to reproduce as adults.

IThriveWithYourPain 14

you can't eat SALT? I call bullshit because without salt you can't feel thirst, your nerves can't fire, and your body just generally cannot work so I doubt this is true gotta get that sodium chloride