By bluevix - 11/10/2014 01:25 - United States - Stafford

Spicy
Today, a nurse asked my relationship status. I answered, "Married". She then asked if there was any possibility of me being pregnant. I hardly contained my snort, before responding, "No, you have to have sex for that." I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that it's true or her laughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 869
You deserved it 6 548

bluevix tells us more.

Thank you, we're working on it together. It isn't an easy process as it is difficult not to take his disinterest personal, and I have taken it personal (especially early on)... but when you are compatible with your spouse in as many ways as we are. Whilst I may enjoy the idea of sexual intimacy more than him, at least I have someone who loves me as much as I do them. We have plenty of activities we enjoy, but he is more of the asexual type that enjoys a good cuddle versus sex. Which I have learned to enjoy more as we continue on in our marriage.

Top comments

Comments

I guess you're not really ****** after all...

#38 I never knew websites could **** you... Mind telling me them so I can stay away from them?

Maybe you should talk to your SO about that.

It definitely IS frustrating, especially when the things attempted to "spice" up our life don't work. It's depressing too, but I don't want to resent my husband like I did in the beginning of our marriage. Not willing to give up on him over a very... drug out dry period.

Wait, he stopped having sex right after you got married ?

No, we actually didn't have sex until we got married. It's been a little over two years and I can still count on two hands how often we've had sex, and one where it was successful. I'm inexperienced, he isn't. I can't help but feel all the blame for our lack of intimacy by not being "seasoned" in sex if you will.

kilarbos 14

Just discuss it and do it however you feel comfortable..sex isn't meant to be awkward and something to despise...unless one of you/both of you are asexual?

though I think I've read this fml before, or something terribly similar it still sucks. I do hope your physical relationship improves

Bro, you can't just call an FMLS out on being fake like that.

Do him while he is asleep. He can't say no

Lol I thought the only way a guy could be raped is if the girl turned out to be ugly.

RussRuss 7
treyford 12

Let's take a moment of silence for this pun everyone

Funny that "Virginia is for Lovers" is their tourism slogan. Guess it must not apply here?

I'm curious as to how long OP's been married. It's seems a little odd that it's been the husband refusing or not showing interest in sex. He certainly breaks the stereotypical mould anyhow.

Can't get enough likes #5 #6 and #8? Also there are a lot of marriages that lack in that department, but eventually try to work things out or divorce.

I have a friend in the same boat, so I feel her pain, it's hard when in a 2 year period you've only had sex 3 times including the honeymoon where nothing happened.

That's why they're called stereotypes, they're overgeneralizations that aren't usually true.

My one sister is in that type of sexless relationship. Her husband has medical issues with an overactive thyroids etc... It effects his libido plus he has some phobia about doctors so he won't go to see if he can do something to get the problems fixed. She just suffers and accepts her life because she loves him.

41. More power to her, it's hard living in that kind of relationship, and a lot of them don't survive, I wish the best of luck to her...

badluckalex 23

stereotypes come from somewhere

Sounds more like her husband isn't F her xD Don't worry, OP. Maybe you can try talking it through with him?

Thank you, we're working on it together. It isn't an easy process as it is difficult not to take his disinterest personal, and I have taken it personal (especially early on)... but when you are compatible with your spouse in as many ways as we are. Whilst I may enjoy the idea of sexual intimacy more than him, at least I have someone who loves me as much as I do them. We have plenty of activities we enjoy, but he is more of the asexual type that enjoys a good cuddle versus sex. Which I have learned to enjoy more as we continue on in our marriage.

An open marriage might work for you also where you can be satisfied but he knows who you're coming home to, it might be something to discuss.

I identify as grey-romantic asexual, my boyfriend is in your shoes. It's really frustrating for him but we've had a good talk about it and find that, as unsexy as it is, planning in advance and spending time getting into it helps us.

It definitely is not easier said than done. It can be a daily struggle of dealing with "rejection" but I have to understand that his drive is much different than mine. I don't particularly have anyone to talk to either, so sometimes it gets built up (my frustrations) and avoiding lashing out can be troublesome... But as cheesy as it sounds, love goes deeper than sex. If I wasn't a monogamous individual there'd be no issue, but I definitely want to remain loyal to my spouse and execute every option before I would contemplate packing my bags.

My husband and I are the exact same! It's nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you, OP!

Hey OP, I'm sorry for what you're going through. I'm on the other end of the boat, I am that husband. I love my wife more than anything else in the world, our libidos are just different. She has the stereotypical male libido whereas I am asexual, I love to cuddle and spend time together, or just hold her. It's those little things that mean a lot to me. I know how hard it can be for her, and it hurts me so much sometimes, because it feels like I'm letting her down. I don't know why I am this way, I don't understand why, and I wish I could change it for her. Idk what can be done, I've been thinking lately of going to the doctor and asking about something like Viagra, I don't know if it's something they'd do though. Her happiness means everything to me, I just hope she understands that.

my husband is that way too. I've learned not to take it personal and accept that he isn't the stereotypical male.

I had the same problem with my last boyfriend except he wasn't asexual he had a **** addiction and preferred that to sex with a real person. It was one of the reasons I ended it, couldn't go through the rest of my life sexually frustrated.

Ask to have a Hormone panel blood test. You may just have a touch of low testosterone.

Well, with today's science you don't necessarily need to have sex to get pregnant.

Is this my brain on little sleep or is it possible OPs name is short for "blue cervix"...as a nod to blue balls??