By Anonymous - 20/05/2015 16:17 - Cyprus - Paphos

Today, a new employee started at our office. She's about 18, barely does any work, chews gum loudly, has no manners, and happens to sit right next to me. She also threatens to report me for harassment whenever I politely ask her to not bash my chair with the back of her chair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 841
You deserved it 2 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It might not be the most hospitable route, but you need to report her first. Especially that she's threatening to report you for nothing. If she reports you for harassment, anything you say in response will just look like you're making up excuses, unless your boss was informed beforehand.

Comments

Try to tell your boss or & if that won't work make the best of it. Even try to make a conversation with her. She might be more pleasant than she seems but sorry op.

I fail to see how she could be any MORE pleasant, she sounds like an absolute dream to work with!

I'm just saying if she's like that & she's there to stay, he can still try to make some connection with her. Which can make his work more pleasant for him.

Dude, she can be 'more' pleasant only if she's already pleasant, and the FML clearly implies that she's not.

"Dude." I know they obviously don't like each other but if she's there to stay might as well attempt to make it better between the two of them. Wouldn't you?

Honestly I have to agree with Jak here. There's no silver lining to this dream girl. She almost seems to go out of her way to annoy people with her loud gum chewing and chair bashing and even has the cheek to threaten them if they ask her to stop being such a nuisance. It's bad enough that she's pretty much useless, she's actually a hindrance. Hopefully she will fail at a task soon and your boss will see her for who she truly is. Better find out that she's not a relative of management or something cuz if so, she might be in it for the long haul.

Agreed...seems like the obvious answer. Perhaps OP has already though. FML isn't exactly known for their timeliness of posting after a story was submitted.

It's Cyprus. It might not be a good idea to talk to the boss since it could be an appointment of family or friend

DrRO93 14

It has nothing to do with parenting. You can have the best parents on earth that do everything right and still end up being a bitch.

Well report her for being a rude co-worker.

The phrase you're looking for is "creating a hostile work environment."

sonasonic 34

#6, I would think what you're referring to would be masculism . *facepalm* And what if OP was female? Your point would be invalid.

deathstar3548 14

Nah meninism is a satire against those crazy "feminazis" everyone talks about

I don't know how long you've worked there, but she's the new employee. Talk to your boss so the first complaint is yours. He should believe you anyway, but why take the chance.

she must know someone to defend her back in the company

Can you possibly have a different place to work? But I think if she keeps reporting you for nothing you will not have much to worry about...maybe they will move her to a different spot...time will tell...

It might not be the most hospitable route, but you need to report her first. Especially that she's threatening to report you for nothing. If she reports you for harassment, anything you say in response will just look like you're making up excuses, unless your boss was informed beforehand.

THIS RIGHT HERE! Is the horrible truth of sexual discrimination! A woman can say anything she wants to, and the justice system will give her the benefit of the doubt 9 times out of 10.

Exactly 30! Well, she's gunna report you anyways OP. LET THE HARASSING BEGIN!... Jk don't do that.

Steve95401 49

Your co-workers incompetence will get exposed soon enough and she won't be there for long.

Sadly, that's not always how it works.