Thanks, honey.

By Fluffy - 13/12/2017 19:00

Today, I noticed that I've been gaining some weight. Don't worry, my boyfriend doesn't mind. His new favorite thing is putting my boobs on his head and saying he feels "safe". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 641
You deserved it 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PhantomCrevan 8

If it makes you uncomfortable, ask him to stop? That said, he's probably telling the truth, since compression and pressure make a lot of people feel safe, particularly a lot of people on the autism spectrum. Maybe see if you can find or make something to imitate that stimulus if he's being serious. (Also, you have a pretty effective way to calm him down if he gets upset or angry, or if the two of you get in an argument. Just don't abuse your newly found superpower.)

exileonmainst 16

It also helps that you have the same name as his favourite character on Family Guy.

Comments

PhantomCrevan 8

If it makes you uncomfortable, ask him to stop? That said, he's probably telling the truth, since compression and pressure make a lot of people feel safe, particularly a lot of people on the autism spectrum. Maybe see if you can find or make something to imitate that stimulus if he's being serious. (Also, you have a pretty effective way to calm him down if he gets upset or angry, or if the two of you get in an argument. Just don't abuse your newly found superpower.)

He must be autistic because he likes her fat ******* on his head. Ok.

I think you're reading far too much into what was most likely intended as a light hearted joke.

PhantomCrevan 8

Uh, do you not know what "especially" means when used as a qualifying word? Neurotypical people like pressure too, which is why weighted blankets have suddenly become more popular. I didn't say he *had* to be autistic for finding it to be pleasant. I'd have to be pretty dumb to use it as an implied insult, since I'm on the spectrum myself. Setting up for a joke, have you heard of it?

I can verify that tight hugs help me,and that I am on the spectrum. Good comment. thumbs up

Funny thing, he does claim to have been in the autistic "spectrum" as a child. I've known him 15 years and he always seemed outgoing and confident. Maybe this is a lingering symptom lol. I don't mind it at all.

exileonmainst 16

It also helps that you have the same name as his favourite character on Family Guy.

This is actually kind of cute--he considers your boobs to be a pillow.

I don't know about you, but I usually put a pillow under my head, not on top of it.

I see nothing wrong! If anything, he now wants to be closer to you? Besides that, be comfortable with yourself, and if your BF isn't insulting you, he likes you the way you are!

For a moment I was wondering if my wife wrote this.

Lobby_Bee 17

Baby pillows are the best pillows.

manb91uk 22

If it’s bothering you, diet and exercise. It’s not bothering him

Haha, that's what he said. It's definitely bothering me, it's definitely not bothering him. I kinda posted this after feeling sad for some OPs that got dumped because they gained "a couple pounds." I've gained 30 and I hate it, I have been trying to work out, etc. but had a pretty bad injury and was in physical therapy for months. He continues to say "Wow, you look great babe! Okay maybe not like you're in great shape, but still great!"

I’d trade in my tinfoil hat for a boob helmet any day!

aw well he could have said something worse? I mean, if you're unhappy about your weight gain, just tell him, or ask him for support in losing it again if it makes you feel uncomfortable with yourself. I'm not saying you're in the wrong, but maybe he doesn't know that you're sensitive about this and don't want to make fun of it, he might just be trying to make you feel better or seriously not mind, so... (also, boob hats are great and do make you feel comfortable, so the more boob hat the better, right?)