This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Erm, can you not?

By xxrissixx - 18/06/2017 20:00

Today, I have been saving up for an overseas trip next year. My dad has offered to completely pay for my sister to go as well, despite if I want to bring her or not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 669
You deserved it 328

Top comments

If it's not for school or some other organization with a set itinerary, just don't tell them any info about your trip.

He really has no right to do that. Maybe you should talk to him about it if it's bothering you that much.

Comments

If it's not for school or some other organization with a set itinerary, just don't tell them any info about your trip.

He really has no right to do that. Maybe you should talk to him about it if it's bothering you that much.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lwint76 10

why is she a "shit sister" because she saved and planned a trip for herself. she did some thing for herself with her own money. obviously you do not have siblings or you would understand the desire to be your own peraon away from your brothers and sisters.

I do have siblings. Why would she leave her sister behind if her dad is gong to pick up the cost.

Freedom? You don't know if she is always shackled with her sister on everything she does, we also don't know how old the sister is. If you was planning a trip to get some alone time and just relax and do your own thing you wouldn't be happy to be told to now look after your sister or at the very least do it all with her (which takes away the reason for wanting to go on the trip. We also don't know if she's planning on going with a boyfriend or just some friends, it just simply states she's been saving up on her own doesn't mean that there are no other people.

chessu 21

Maybe it was to meet a friend, a lover elsewhere; maybe she's already going with a tight group of friends; maybe it was one of those soul searching trips etc. - we don't know what the circumstances are. Also, from the phrasing, it doesn't seem like the OP is actually against the sister coming, just the circumstances in which this might happen. Maybe OP saved some money and the sister decided not to. For me, the bigger issue would be that, I would've been saving all that money for the sake of this probably missing out on some other things, whereas the sister can now get the same trip for free? The dad should support them equally or not at all.

Let's hold on here, folks. None of us, including me, know the details behind the story and pulling "facts" out of our asses and inventing scenarios. Unless the OP comes in and fills us in on the real circumstances, we cannot intelligently judge them.

itssnotfunny 24

"what a shitty sister you must be" "we cannot intelligently judge them" suck a fart retard, they just want a fair trip

tolkien897 15

well then you shouldn't have called her a shit sister for wanting to do something by herself and the fact that her sister gets to go for free, but she saved money and worked to go on this trip.

Yet you were the one who judged her as the "shit sister". all I see now is that your trying to back out of it

and yet, you have. maybe it had nothing to do with the fact that she might have to go with her sister, maybe it's just the fact that while she's been saving up for it, her sister can go for free

If none of us know the facts, then why the hell are you bitching like a child about the sister? You don't know the reason why she wants to go by herself, but you're screaming at the top of your lungs like you're their father. Go back to making lame jokes and stop jumping to conclusions.

Well someone is definitely playing favourites..

LEbleuDESreves 10

some people here do not understand the 'need' to travel alone without the family. Speak to your dad about tour feelings. You are saving for 'your' trip to enjoy with whom you want. He cannot impose someone upon you, even if it's your sister.

Lobby_Bee 17

Sit your dad down and tell him the truth. Tell him you don't mind going on a vacation with your sister, just not this time. If honesty doesn't work, chloroform works wonders to put someone out.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Have a sit down and be honest.

LunaN 4

just tell him you don't want her to go with you and if she gets upset then she needs to grow up and your dad needs to ask you about it first

Gwengreen 6

If you are old enough to afford such a trip you are old enough and mature enough to say No to both of them. If she isn't welcome or invited why should she want to join? Yes, traveling is great but it is no so fun when you are with people who don't want you around. Put your foot down OP. And it sucks you have worked hard to save up and he is willing to pay her way. Ouch.

Have you had bonding with your sister at all? Aside from that your dad thinks it's needed...