By Anonymous - 10/02/2014 22:37 - United Kingdom

Today, I got into a slight spot of shit with my new boss over his speech. Apparently he was not actually impersonating Sylvester the Cat, and he just has a speech impediment. When I jokingly said "sufferin' succotash" to him, he wasn't pleased at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 642
You deserved it 42 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The odds of him impersonating Sylvester the cat are much lower than him having a speech impediment ..

DenBriZel 31

FYL for the mixup OP but next time id be a bit more careful on how you ask about it.

Comments

DenBriZel 31

FYL for the mixup OP but next time id be a bit more careful on how you ask about it.

I wouldn't make jokes about people's speech unless you know them just for future reference bn

michaelaranda 28

I dont agree. I think that it was okay for OP to joke around with her boss. But I think OP would be in the wrong if she didnt explain herself and apologize, as it is quide rude to make fun of the way someone speaks.

cryssycakesx3 22

joking with your boss is certainly OK. making fun of anyone is not.

The thing is, though, that OP wasn't making fun of a speech impediment, she thought her boss was imitating a cartoon and joking with her. She doesn't deserve it because the thought that her boss might have a speech impediment didn't cross her mind.

I don't get why he would impersonate anything during a speech. Especially if he's new.

Black_Fang_ 6

Well as long as you apologized afterwords

If her boss didn't know he sounded like Sylvester before, he does now....

There's always a time and a place for distasteful jokes

I don't think he was being an ass if he didn't know. He should just apologize and hope his boss is forgiving.

cryssycakesx3 22

if you don't know you should keep your goddamn mouth shut instead of making fun of someone.

OP could have looked around to see if anyone else in the room was laughing. If no one was, it's likely it wasn't a joke.

How was he being an ass if he didn't know? Learn to either read or reason. Jesus.

Why would he be impersonating Sylvester? FYL OP, it was an honest mistake, but it's better to assume they have an speech impediment than to not; you can laugh about one, but be extremely embarrassed about the other.

YDI since you didn't know if it was real or not. I don't see why your new boss would do something like that, anyway.

SarahSehhati 40

Maybe he thought he was trying to lighten up the mood of a new boss being present?

FYL OP, you gotta be careful what you say :/ it was an honest mistake, hopefully he can move past that incident. If not GL OP

People get offended so easily. Just watch it.

arandomusernameaa 20

People with speach impediments are often extremely self conscience of how they sound. .. It is understandable that he got offended when OP pointed it out

cryssycakesx3 22

yes people offend easily. especially if you make fun of their disability. what if I said "HAHA are you two wearing sunglasses because you're blind??? you'd *HAVE* to be. no seeing person would be with either of you hahaha"

joeyl2008 29

Maybe you should think before you make an ass of yourself.

Dont sweat the small things. Just apologize and live on. No way you could have know beforehand and he probably has had it happen before.

Exactly, there is no way to know before hand so why assume anything. YDI op.

crazytwinsmom 25

You have to be careful with a new boss until you know things like that.