Hello beloved readers, how was your week? Mine was pretty awesome. Actually, this whole month is awesome. After welcoming crazy talented artists, well, today we're welcoming an amazing crazy talented artist. I know, same old, same old right? I'm sorry, I never get enough when it comes to good laughs and beautiful drawings. And I'm pretty sure you don't get enough either. Read today's interview and be amazed by the wonderful ...
- Hi everybody, my name is Claire Roe! Sadly no middle names or nicknames. I've always wanted a nickname, but I guess nothing stuck.
-How old are you?
- I am 21.
-Where do you live?
- At the moment, I live in a little village in Fife, Scotland.
-What's your job? - I am fresh out of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, so I am on the hunt for work.
-What's your journey?
- My journey? Not too much to tell there. I went to art college to study animation, and they have this great little comic book module there where I rekindled my love for comics. I got a job with the BBC creating comic panels for one of their kids shows about superhumans, then ended up spending more time focusing on comics at university than animation. Now I really just want to focus on expanding my skill set to one day get a job in that industry.
-What are your inspirations? - I take inspiration from lots of things, from music to books to art. Sean Gordon Murphy and Rafael Albuquerque are my absolute favourite artists, and they inspire me to keep pushing.
-Do you read webcomics? If so, which ones?
- I haven't stuck to any particular webcomics over the years, I tend to forget about them after a while. But at the moment, I enjoy reading NIMONA by Noelle Stevenson.
-Tell us more about your website?
- I don't have a proper website, I should probably get on that. BUT I do have a blog, which I created to keep track of my art. And also tumblr, because tumblr is addictive.
-How do you work?
- Most of the time I draw straight in to photoshop, sketching then building up from that. But other times I like to get a break and go traditional, pencil and paper and ink, which yields better results most of the time but I find to be much more time consuming. So it depends on how I'm feeling.
-Why did you choose this FML story?
- This one caught my eye when I read it, I liked the irony of the story. Then for some reason the talking horse came into my head. So I figured this would be a good a time as any to learn how to draw horses.
If you want to be the next published artist, send an email to alice [at] fmylife.com including a link to your website/blog/DeviantArt. But DON'T send your illustration right away! You need first to get in touch with me, and I'll tell you what you have to do!
Madonna must be the only person breathing a sigh of relief right now thanks to all the idiots arguing about the colour of a dress. Thanks to a badly-lit photograph, everyone seems to have forgotten that she super…