13

Woman Injures Herself By Lighting A Stick Of Dynamite That She Thought Was A Candle

By Nadine / mardi 11 septembre 2018 05:30
FML moments happen every day, but very rarely do they come in Loony Toon form.

A woman in Bridgeport, Connecticut is seriously injured after lighting a stick of dynamite, thinking that it was a candle.  

During a thunderstorm that knocked out the power in their home, the Bridgeport family was planning to make a trip to their nearby Home Depot in order to purchase some emergency essentials; before recalling that there were candles - or what they thought were candles, left over in the basement from the home's previous tenants, Fox61 reports. 

The 30-year-old victim was not aware that she was actually lighting a quarter stick of dynamite. According to WABC The woman suffered severe injuries to her hands, and could even lose some of her fingers.

"They brought them upstairs," Bridgeport Fire Chief Richard Thode told WABC. "There were two. She lit one, went to move it, and it exploded."

Looks like things got a bit out of hand for this lady. (Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out. )

Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
Comments
By  Glowworm56  |  25

I really hope there isn't a story anytime soon where someone finds some TNT sticks in their home and mistakes them for birthday candles. "NOT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Similar
Loading data…