By starrybrooke - 06/04/2009 08:40 - United States

Today, while working the dinner rush at my job, every single computer, credit card machine, and printer froze for an hour and a half. The reason behind this issue was a large wire ripped from the mainframe, the same wire I tripped over 20 seconds before while my boss watched. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 596
You deserved it 9 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vt_mruhlin 0

Clearly the wire posed a safety hazard. You should sue your boss.

Inspired22 11

Why is it out in the open where people can trip on it? Especially at a restaurant, because there is so much traffic! That is not your fault at all!

Comments

vt_mruhlin 0

Clearly the wire posed a safety hazard. You should sue your boss.

so glad someone pointed this out quickly instead of there being a virtual ton of ydis for not looking where she was going.

No worries... I actually did that once too. No joke.

Safety hazard, should contact the Labour Board

Inspired22 11

Why is it out in the open where people can trip on it? Especially at a restaurant, because there is so much traffic! That is not your fault at all!

Tripping is really easy in a busy place like a restaurant, especially when stuff always ends up all over the floor. Don't sweat it and I hope you didn't take shit from anybody. At my old job I would frequently slip on ice cubes dropped onto the floor that were nearly impossible to see with the lighting, but luckily I'd never had that happen while carrying something.

you literally did deserve that one, sorry bud. i mean you caused the computers to crash an shit, i dont believe that could be anyone elses fault. but i understand, that shit sucks. i cashiered once when the comps froze (someone elses fault) and had to bust out one of those credit card machines that stamps the card from the 80s ***** weak

They shouldn't been keeping such important wires out there for people to trip on...especially in a restaurant, where people are rushing around carrying food and breakable things. Otherwise I'd be like you...the (first) one who trips over it and messes everything up. I really don't think this is your fault.

Zirafina 0

If the wire is that important, it definitely shouldn't be anywhere that it can be tripped over. Bad planning on their part, imo.