This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By ThatsDoctorBitchToYou - 06/01/2018 01:30

Today, while working at my retail job, a woman pointed me out to her child and said, "That's why you go to college, so you don't wind up like her." I'm a second year medical student. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 459
You deserved it 284

Top comments

exileonmainst 16

Give her an extremly detailed spreadsheet on how a funeral is cheaper than surgery when she gets admitted to your hospital.

Comments

Hopefully, the kid _will_ wind up like you, and _won't_ wind up like her.

09051308288 17

Some people really are judgemental. She is teaching her child the wrong way.

Thanks Dave Davington, you put that into words better than I could, I like how you added "judgemental" onto what I was going to say.

Even if OP wasn't a medical student, she should have corrected that monster.

"Judgemental" is also correct, my friend.

In the traditional spelling, which is what I consider to be correct, it is judgmental. I was more looking forward to a comment about the irony of correcting someone on the spelling of judgmental, as one could see it as a judgmental thing to do. I miss when decent FML comments were more about wit rather than superiority.

exileonmainst 16

Give her an extremly detailed spreadsheet on how a funeral is cheaper than surgery when she gets admitted to your hospital.

Hahaha, no ones been that rude, but people give me looks like that (I’m a second year actuarial/maths student). It’s more funny on their behalf, since in 5 or so years, we’ll be making much more than her :P

I would like to say thank you to all of the retail workers who perform a service that people need everyday, especially because they put up with a lot of unnecessary bullshit. And, I would like to say thank you to all of the medical professionals who perform a service that people need everyday, especially because they put up with a lot of unnecessary bullshit. Thank you.

I completely feel for you, OP. I am currently in a junior in college for mechanical/aerospace engineering. I also throw freight at night. I was once called stupid because I gave a women some pliers and that wasn't what she was looking for. Before getting them for her a repeated what she said to make sure.

I hope you said that to her. I mean, a lot of people work jobs so they can pay the bills while they're in college.

Tell her that if everybody followed her advice and went to college to pursue something better, then there wouldn't be anybody in the world to provide the service she's there for. And remind that bitch that a good chunk of people who have stable jobs working in retail went to college.