By teenagesyndrome - 06/09/2015 18:33 - United States - Windsor

Today, while working at a wedding reception, I caught a couple getting touchy in the back of the room, but I swept it under the rug. Apparently, they didn't like getting caught, and reported me to my boss, claiming sexual harassment. I now have to attend social sensitivity training once a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 777
You deserved it 1 778

teenagesyndrome tells us more.

Update! I talked to my boss about it and he agreed that it seemed odd that I'd do something like that, but said that he had placed the punishment just in case. I'm off the hook though, so no training for me!

Top comments

I just don't see what possesses people to do things like this. Surely there are cameras or some form of proof that would change your boss' mind?

Wow! For one common sense wins the day. Has Hell frozen over?

Comments

caseyt12 12

Look, I don't care how much you like your boss or your job, you should quit the crap out of it. That's some pills berry bull shit and I would not attend a fkn class because some Mc assholes decided they didn't like getting caught getting all touchy feely in public.

so they reported you for not telling them that their are children present and they can't do that there. ydi for that verry reason and they should have gotten in trouble too for lack of common sense and human decency. No little kid wants to walk in on anyone they know or even a stranger, ******* in the back of the room. sheesh! would you?!

countryb_cth 38

He didn't report it but the couple still got caught. He probably told them to cut it out but just didn't report it. And they reported him for "sexual harassment"

How does that even happen? Im so sorry OP

RedPillSucks 31

sounds like a bunch of overly entitled jerks

So they reported you even though you just ignored them? Wtf? How come they aren't getting in trouble for ******* in public?

Tsukiyomi 16

Next time you see them knock their teeth down their throat

At least make the punishment for something now, right?

How does catching them screwing where they weren't supposed to constitute sexual harassment??

Update! I talked to my boss about it and he agreed that it seemed odd that I'd do something like that, but said that he had placed the punishment just in case. I'm off the hook though, so no training for me!

Wow! For one common sense wins the day. Has Hell frozen over?

Still ******* rude and awful of him not to actually place some sort of "trial" before dishing out the punishment. Glad you're off the hook though.

Welcome to corporate America. I once had to go to counseling for five weeks because I had to walk away from my register to get sugar in my system (having a hypoglycemic attack) before I collapsed. When I told my supervisor I needed to leave the floor and why, I was told to stay, and was disciplined for insubordination. I literally walked twenty feet, fed two bills into the drink machine, and drained a Snapple before I got back to my register. My manager apologized, but company policy ruled. I could have started a shitfest with the ADA, but chose to accept it.

I'm confused as to whether or not OP knows what "sweeping something under the rug" means.

It means to avoid dealing with something, however its more classic meaning is to try to cover up a "scandal" so to say if it was unsuccessful

#26 it can be used as a saying. Not just in a literal sense.

get rekt bud. Sometimes it's best to back off.

I think you could have used a different idiom.