By ThisisMedSchool - 01/11/2012 21:18 - United States - Johnson City

Today, while studying liver pathology and highlighting important lines in my textbook, I realized that I could count the number of words I hadn't highlighted on one hand, over the last six pages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 426
You deserved it 8 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go on and highlight the book at this point. It's all kind of important.

Comments

Med school rules: Rule #1: MEMORISE EVERYTHING. Rule #2: Eat when you can. Rule #3: Sleep when you can. Rule #4: Don't eat in the gross anatomy lab. Remember all that and you'll be fine.

Take this man's advice, OP. He knows what he's talking about.

Pretty much what the doc is saying is as follows: Social life Sleep Good grades Choose two.

flockz 19

ha that's easy since i have no social lif-...... i mean ya i guess i would probably have to give up sleep then.

missababgaga 19

Ah yes, highlighter happiness. I have a few sections in my textbook that look similar. Sometimes it simply cannot be prevented...

I don't highlight anything, because I WON'T BE PART OF THE SYSTEM MAN!!

It really can be prevented. Excessive highlighting is an extremely bad study habit.

missababgaga 19

63- That's why I said "sometimes" rather than "ALWAYS"

Whoa everything must be important then :P Study hard OP!

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of highlighting?

get a new study method. like what one comment above said, highlight the unimportant things.

Or maybe only the really important words and phrases could be highlighted...? Highlighting unimportant phases is counterproductive. Don't do that. Avoid highlighting the words "the" and "and".

read it all first. then highlight the things you don't quite know yet

Indeed. Read first, then highlight the main points. Not everything you need to know. This is not 'med school' - any kind of study is capable of being completely highlighted - this is you not being an efficient student.

KiddNYC1O 20

Med school makes me think of the rookies in Chicago Trauma. Pretty intense moments.