By Emily - 12/11/2012 18:12 - United States - Hayward

Today, while sitting in a waiting room, a man assured me "The safety's on" after he handed his kid his BB gun. A minute later, I practically had a hole in my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 022
You deserved it 2 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why the hell did someone have a hb gun in any type of waiting room?

Was it a hospital waiting room? That would be convenient.

Comments

mapaquier 3
KVKdragon 26

I hope that guy pays for what he did to you. Weapons are not meant for children (unless its non-lethal) and he should pay for his lapse of judgement >:(

So non-lethal weapons are actually meant for children? Pretty sure that's not right. Plus isn't a BB gun usually non-lethal anyways? And it clearly wasn't okay in this situation. Just because OP didn't die, doesn't make a BB gun a wholesome family toy.

Krajjan 9

It's only ok to allow a kid to handle a weapon of any kind after they've consistently demonstrated responsibility, have been extensively drilled in strict safety precautions with heavy consequences for lapses, are placed in a tightly controlled environment with constant supervision and hands-on instruction, and damn well know how to handle it. Note "controlled environments" do not include public areas. My family has handled a metric shit-ton of firearms for as long as anyone can trace and has never unintentionally harmed themselves or another with a gun.

Just pull out a real gun and say it's on safe. His kid won't have a BB gun for long after that.

heinous966 15

One of the many reasons why I don't like people: They're stupid. Why the hell would you give a kid a BB gun, especially with people around, ESPECIALLY in a waiting room?

Maybe you don't like some of the people in that waiting room... If someone gets shot, hey he's just a kid he didn't mean tooooooooo. Right?

heinous966 15

No. I don't like someone unless they give reason otherwise.

mykelinva 4

"I assure you that I will not be contacting a lawyer."

I don't know what all the other commenters here are talking about. I always take a BB gun with me to the doctor's office. The lines are so long I have to intimidate the other patients who are waiting along with me. "NO, sit down! I'm going first." *waves BB gun wildly*

secretsymbiote21 5

I have been shot with BB gun more then once and never had a hole in me. that's a powerful BB gun. I blame the parent more then the child.

Depends on the BB gun, I got shot with one....in the face....I'm now blind in my right eye.

Wow! But a bb gun will never put a hole in ur leg unless twas a pellet gun!