By emmey - 23/07/2009 19:43 - United States

Today, while showering at my boyfriend's house early this morning, I saw a huge black spider on the wall. I am allergic to spiders, so in my disorientation I ran out of the shower screaming, slipped, sprained my wrist and bruised my tailbone. Turns out the spider was a clump of hair. My hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 911
You deserved it 44 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how can you be allergic to spiders?

Actually, you can be. I'm allergic to just about any type of insect/bug bite/sting. Spiders/mosquitoes/bees, etc. I'll swell up about 2-3x more than a "normal" person would, and the swelling will last for up to two weeks. First time I was bit by a horse fly, I was taken to a hospital.

Comments

FIRST!!!!!!! oh and ouchhh thats must hurtt

Crunchy_fml 0

no one cares that you're first also, it could've been worse... like someone else's hair, or an actual spider

Stop with all the 'FIRRRSSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!11111' Crap. Oh, and OP, Can you actually be alergic to spiders?

YDI for pretending to be allergic to something tht u cnt be allergic to

I hate finding women's hair on the shower wall. If you weren't so messy it wouldn't have happened

Ligerie 0

I hate spiders, I freak out at them... and they are usually clumps of hair too...so fml

you can be allergic. either to their venom and sometimes possible the hair on spiders

if you want to complain about your life, post an fml. don't leech in the comments.

how can you be allergic to spiders?

Ligerie 0

I have a feeling she was trying to stop all the "ydi for being scared of spiders, you *****!" comments.

Olivia777 0

Allergic to spider bites..? I think.

akalisser 0

She might've been allergic to certain spider venom.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
FireFlie07 20

That's way too broad to actually have a valid allergy to. Just say you have arachnophobia. Because there is no way you can have an allergy to the more than 10,000 species of spiders on the planet. You'd be dead by now.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually, yes. http://allergies.about.com/od/insectallergies/a/mosquitoallergy.htm

Actually, you can be. I'm allergic to just about any type of insect/bug bite/sting. Spiders/mosquitoes/bees, etc. I'll swell up about 2-3x more than a "normal" person would, and the swelling will last for up to two weeks. First time I was bit by a horse fly, I was taken to a hospital.

logforeal 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i was about to say the same thing.

BUDWEISER 0

are you serious? ofcourse you can be allergic to spider bites. alot of people have that.

How can people ACTUALLY dispute that some people are just allergic to certain insect bites Alright, I'll accept that it's impossible for the OP to be allergic to ALL spiders, but she probably knows he's allergic to few, and is just taking precautions by running away screaming from every spider she sees EIther that or she has arachnophobia, and doesn't want to admit it

oooshiny 0

Spiders aren't insects, genius. Hell, I'll admit I'm super arachnaphobic but YDI for thinking you can be "allergic to spiders."

Seabeast1000 4

well I think it's kinda the same as being allergic to bees, but idk

cheerXtreme13 0

hey assholes, people can be allergic to spiders. i am. if i get bit, i get red lines spreading from the bite & it swells up. its like being allergic to bees. so dont say shes an idiot for thinking shes allergic to spiders. youre just making urself look dumb.

I'm allergic to a certain type of spider bite that is normally harmless. First time was my hand, and my arm & wrist nearly double in size. Second time was my calf, and that too swelled up huge. Both times experienced severe throbbing pain & had to keep the extremity elevated. I thought it was a poisonous bite at first, & went to the doctor both times to be sure... nope, just an allergic reaction!

How the hell can you be allergic to spiders? It's not like they shed on your furniture or like they serve them in the salad bar.

Hey for all you know they COULD be serving them Dun dun dun But I'm pretty sure you can maybe be allergic to a certain kind of spider venom. Maybe. It's truly more likely she was just scared of spiders, though. Completely lame, it's not like spiders go headcrab on people....

What the hell are you on about man? I get spiders all the time at the salad bar. Very nutritious.

homedoggieo 0

They're an excellent croissant topping!

I like them fried and smothered in chocolate, I can get them like that at my local mall! Not joking, I don't know if you are, bit I'm really not joking. There's a candy shop in my mall that sells them I'm little ugly red boxes with plastic windows to see what's inside. And they come in different flavours.

Mmm, have you guys ever tried spiders baked into cookies? Adds just the right amount of protein to my diet, with extra crispyness too!

Dude, they're right next to the sunflower seeds.. Everybody knows that.

I hate spiders so muuch ! I have never heard of anyone being allergic to spiders before !

not allergic to spiders, spider bites can cause sever allergic reactions though.

birds_fml 7

I never get people who freak out in the shower over any bug. You're in the SHOWER, just aim the sprayer at them and they'll wash away!

Why is it so hard to believe that you can be allergic to spider/ spider venom. People are allergic to bees, right? It's pretty much the same thing. Jeez, people. RME.

examancer 0

YDI for making up a fake allergy! You are belittling the plights of those with real allergies

Violet_Illuser 0

I'm not seeing how it's entirely impossible to be allergic to spiders. My aunt recently went to a doctor to get tested for various allergies and she found out she is allergic to cockroaches (specifically their droppings).

pittsports87 0

YDI for having a weave that fell out

may_cause_fail 0

I don't know if you were serious but I lol'd so hard. XD