By tlm84 - 28/07/2014 02:54 - United States - Fitchburg

Today, while out shopping, I could hear what sounded like two grown men talking about me, and they were being pretty gross. I turned around to scold them and it turned out being a dad and his 13-year-old son. He said he was, "teaching a son to be a man, and that my ass was grounds for discussion." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 616
You deserved it 5 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell the father that isn't how "men" act. He's little more than a juvenile mentally. Respect women, and they will respect you. Same for men.

Hopefully the son saw how you reacted and learned the true lesson

Comments

Rainhawk94 27

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The junglelaws of the shopping center!

I'm sorry, but no. The son ought to learn to keep his thoughts to himself.

JMichael 25

Excuse me ma'am, but I could not help myself from noticing ye rear end is simply delightful. Now that's a damn compliment.

Since when is being a complete pig part of being a man?

JMichael 25

apparently since the beginning of time

What are you on about? If two women talk about someone in an objectifying way that makes that person feel uncomfortable then it's still wrong.

Tell the father that isn't how "men" act. He's little more than a juvenile mentally. Respect women, and they will respect you. Same for men.

1: The OP said they were being gross about her. 2: I know of not one woman (or man) who appreciates being turned into little more than a tool of sexual gratification. 3: Everyone deserves respect, regardless of gender. This includes a person's body.

noonenoeone 22

I know quite a few women that would be flattered to have their ass talked about...quit being so pretentious.

Exactly, quite a few women like their asses being talked about.... not many. Also, it's obvious OP wasn't flattered about having her ass being a topic of discussion.

euphoricness 28

They probably have no self respect lol

If a woman has to be "pretentious" to avoid sexual objectification then so be it. Just like if men have to be single because they can't tell the difference between a compliment and harassment then so be it.

Did he really ask how talking about a woman's ass is disrespectful? Ugh I can't believe there are still so many misogynist people in the world.

Sorry 13 but I'm not buying it. I don't know any woman who would be flattered at being objectified by two sleezeballs when she's just trying to do her shopping. On the off chance that you do know women like that just know that they are in the minority and there's nothing pretentious about a woman not being flattered by objectification

Girls say they don't want to be objectified then choose to date the one asshole that treats them like property or some kind of trophy instead of the guy that they friend zone. The. They complain endlessly about how they can't find a guy who treats them well. Thumb me down I've said my piece.

DrownedMyFish 18

There is nothing wrong with admiring a nice ass. Just keep your thoughts to yourself when you do it. Most women don't take it as a compliment when you start talking out loud, saying gross things about them.

We aren't responsible for your friend zone. Everyone gets friend zoned at one point or another. You just don't hear women bitching about it.

The friend zone was created by a bunch of ASSHOLES who think being friends with a girl automatically earns them the right to date them. If you're bringing up the friend zone, then I'm sorry but you're one of the assholes you're referring to.

SparksTheSadie 18

The friendzone doesn't exist, sorry. Get over it, you're not entitled to anything.

I know plenty of women who enjoy and even get sexual gratification from being objectified by men. Some by other women. That being said, it's generally behind closed doors or from specific people while outside. Even they don't like it much from random people on the street.

#61, sorry, I accidentally downvoted your comment! But I completely agree with you.

The thing I find funny is that taking about someone's body is exactly the same as taking about someone's personality, and I hear women bitching about people all the time. I also keep hearing women going on about how hot actors/famous people are but as soon as a man does it everyone flips their shit. It's ridiculous.

Yea #66. Being a misogynist doesn't mean you have to go out and vote against women's rights or believe they belong in the kitchen. Your question was misogynist.

It's especially disrespectful because when OP turned around to tell them specifically that she did NOT like it (so they knew damn well she wasn't one of the very few women who like it), they just gave jackass excuses without even the hint of an apology.

Hunterdagreat 7

You said it man. Woman say were clueless when they have no idea who really loves them

No, you can be a misogynist by making a sexist comment or through ignorance. You don't have to strongly dislike women to be a misogynist. Also I am a feminist and the fact that you accuse me of being a feminist in a negative light further shows how misogynist you are.

Hopefully the son saw how you reacted and learned the true lesson

You should've slapped him. Let him be an example to his son of how not to be a man.

euphoricness 28

I don't really understand how that's being a man. Don't real men usually show some respect?

The ass is a powerful object. You don't know the effect it has on a man.

RMLrapemylife 14

#9 i like the fact that your profile pic contains the word "ass" lol

The ass is strong with this one. *heavy asthmatic breathing*

JDCH_99 10

Douchbags: The Next Generation