By Anonymous - 06/07/2013 11:26 - United States

Today, while out for lunch, a guy approached me and asked for my number. I politely declined. To my dismay, he dropped to his knees, grabbed his head, and started moaning about how nobody ever gives him a chance. I felt the accusing stares. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 712
You deserved it 6 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Find someone giving you the glare and say "hey, that person over there looks like she'd give you a chance."

Maybe he studies psychology and is VERY good at what he does...

Comments

Although this is a sad story, you can't control how people react to rejection. You were polite in your response to him so you shouldn't feel guilty.

perdix 29

This is why you memorize the Rejection Hotline number. Most creepers know the digits of 1-800-EAT-SHIT, so that doesn't work anymore.

you think if they got this number from enough women theyd learn to stop creeping

perdix 29

#19, you're confusing creepers with quitters. Your high-end, veteran creeper has the gifts of persistence and irrational optimism. So, . . . what are you wearing?

Lederhosen and crocs. Does that get you going, Perdix?

perdix 29

#67, normally, yeah, . . ., hell, yeah! But some idiot put an unnecessary and incorrect hyphen between "grammatically" and "incorrect" that has caused me some issues down there.

I heard your testicles also retracted back into your body. Today's just not your day, huh?

Creep him out. Smile creepily and stare at him until he leaves. You can also mutter some creepy stuff like sacrificing him to satan and stuff. It always work with me. Jk I don't have friends.

SmittyJA24 26

The dude needs to learn the proper technique for hitting-on a gal. Asking for her number is childish & lame. If an unknown gal approached me in this same manner, I'd have reacted the same as OP did.

oh shove it. Majority of the time being forward and blunt is the best way to get a woman to like a guy. It shows confidence and honesty. It's better than him taking you out for drinks, getting you drunk for sex, and leaving you in your bed wondering if there could have been something more there. Though the moment he broke down afterwards he made himself completely pathetic and deserved it. Sorry OP, just walk off next time.

NavalAvaiations1 5

Does that bathing sit help you pick up women or scare them off?

NavalAvaiations1 5

Suit* auto correct sucks. Like your bathing suit.

Dude no. "Being forward and blunt" to the point of literally going up to a stranger (who has no reason to assume you aren't a creep, rapist, etc) and asking for their number is NOT good. That's dumb and honestly PRETTY THREATENING. Douchebags who think like you are the reason so many women can't trust men, can't accept any dates, etc. Grow the **** up. You may not realize it because you're a guy. The world is literally set up to pander to you. You ask out a girl you don't know and people congratulate you or console you; a woman does the same and is considered a **** or insane. She isn't considered brave. I realize FML is only one step above 4chan in terms of "scum of the earth" but dude. Stop it. Now. I pity any woman who gets within 10 feet of you.

SmittyJA24 26

I'm all for being "forward & blunt". But: "Hi, what's your phone number?" is a classic fail. I work as a salesman -- I have to introduce myself to people all day long. There's a correct way & a wrong way. OP's guy was completely wrong.

SmittyJA24 26

Re: my swim-wear: It depends on the water temperature.

KiddoKS 19

Whatever you do, don't go home. You don't want him to follow you like a little list puppy.

KiddoKS 19

*lost... autocorrect strikes again

You did the right thing. It sucks that he put the spot light on you like that. He pulled something like this before throwing a fit in a mall when his gf tried to break up with him so I suggest you run away.

Shouldn't have worried about those accusing eyes. They were more than welcomed to volunteer their own phone numbers at anytime.

NavalAvaiations1 5

Also milfs looking for action while their husbands are at work.

This is not an FML a guy was upset because you wouldn't give him your number. So you felt that wasn't enough attention you had to Tell everyone on the Internet about it too. self absorbed much!