By IJustWantedCheez - 27/09/2016 17:37 - United States - San Antonio

Today, while on break from work, I went to the cafeteria and bought cheese cubes. One of my coworkers, who is usually very pleasant, asked to try some and I said yes. She ate all the cheddar cubes in the bowl, which are the only ones I like. I wasted $3 for someone else to eat my food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 013
You deserved it 3 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you buy a box of cheese cubes when you don't even like most of it?

Why couldn't you have just said "Sure. Leave me the cheddar ones and take as much of the others as you like."

Comments

qteabutt 12

ydi, You could of stopped her or at least say from the beginning "sure, but only one or two." so she took advantage of your offer.

While you could have stopped her, what she did was incredibly rude and I think that's the real issue here. She asked to "try" some, that means have a small taste, maybe 1 or 2, not eat half the bowl. She needs to learn manners, if she was going to have a lot, she should have 1)bought her own, or 2)offered to pay you half, so she at least contributed. You didn't pay for the snack for her, you bought it for you with your own money. That means it's yours, not hers. What she did was taking advantage of generosity and very greedy.

For all we know there could've been 12 cubes in 4 different flavours and her friend only had 3 cubes. It doesn't say she ate the whole thing, only the ones that were cheddar, which for all we know could've only been 3-4 pieces of a huge platter. When you go to parties you often see huge cheese platters that have like 30 pieces on them, but only a few (4 maybe) of each kind of cheese. Maybe the friend is rude and ate most of the bowl, but from the cheese platters I've usually seen when there are a variety of cheeses, sometimes there are only a few pieces of each kind; so we can't just automatically assume the friend is super rude. In my opinion, it's not a big enough deal to ruin a friendship over, and if it was a big deal to op, she should've said something. Like, "sure you can have some, but leave the cheddar ones cause they're my favourite," or if she had already started on the cheddar, "please don't eat all the cheddar, they're my favourite and the reason I bought the cheese dish, but feel free to have some of the other kinds." Op could've easily said something.

This was a snack, not a platter, that's why it was only $3. They have bags of cheese cubes in the like small chip bag sizes, that is what this was. Even still, "TRY" means you take a small amount in proportion to the overall amount, that usually means 1-2 pieces. Any more than that and you're having a serving or portion of someone else's food, which is wrong. Imagine of this was your water bottle, and your friend asks to have a "sip," but then drinks most of it, would that be ok? No, because their wording implies they would be having a small amount and instead they took way more. What the coworker did was wrong, no matter how you swing it, it was bad manners. If she wanted more, she can buy her own.

Well, that's no gouda! Asiago her to pay you back for what she jacked from you.

Thanks. I was half asleep when I wrote it? I wish I could Havarti-ficial intelligence help me write something better. Now, there's a ******* good cheese pun!!!

If it is a man I'd suggest chemical castration. If it is a woman, I suggest a swift punch in the ovaries. Cheese cubes are life.

I wouldn't **** punched her if she even tried that with me. I like to share but I also love food and have to eat a lot because of my medical condition, plus cheese is my fav.

species4872 19

And I suppose that she had a big cheesy grin while she ate it. Next time she'll want crackers as well.

But,only need know if you are fired by the boss, and lost your position.

Tell her about cheese mites. She won't do it again!