By Vince - 22/02/2009 01:15 - United States

Today, while on a blind date at Hooters, I ordered my food and the waitress asked me if I was stoned, because she couldn't understand me. I have a speech impediment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 991
You deserved it 4 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait - blind date at.......Hooters!? You ALMOST deserve it for that alone.

holynemesis1208 3

haha. thats horrible i hope that definately effected her tip in the form of none.

Comments

The hooters waitress should be writing this same story from her POV on FML (whats with me abbrev. evrthin?) right now because she sounds like an idiot. Speech impediments suck but with many cases, practice can really improve it. The point is, is that hooters may have terrible service and atmosphere that's not quite ideal for a first date...but they got great wings so i approve.

saxxyphone49 0

You could have just left it at "Today, I had a blind date at hooters. FML"

Cortney 0

Blind dates are overrated. FYL

hockeyfanisles1 0

all u ppl should be sympathetic this person whose gonna struggle most of there lives the ppl who showed sympathy ty this person should know there are decent ppl out there and u dont even know if this is a chick or a guy or two chicks maybe lesbians on a date and whoever set it up maybe they set them up to go to hooters think about it assholes

Awww, dude, that sucks the big one. She does, however, work at Hooters, so in the end, you're definitely not the loser in this situation. :)

CaptainCrunch_fml 0

Oh whatever, I'm tired of all this pity. If you have a speech impediment, then you shouldn't be at Hooter's for blind date, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you're a girl, then that was stupid because the guy you're with is going to be checking out all of the Hooter's girls. If you're a boy, then that was stupid because you obviously don't care enough to try and impress her. If your impediment was so awful, you'd take her somewhere nicer.

I think we can all agree that a blind date at Hooters sounds awful, but what the hell does OP's speech impediment have to do with it? "If your impediment was so awful, you'd take her someplace nicer." Are you seriously implying that if OP didn't have any speech issues, the date location would be okay, but since he has the impediment, it's totally forbidden??

That is so insensitive. She probably has the IQ of a grape. I mean, she does work at Hooters.

dpressedninja 0

yeah. like. blind date at Hooters? you want you first impression on someone to be checking out other woman? did you choose this place?

I don't have a speech impediment, but this is why whenever I'm at a restaurant, I actually point to the item(s) I want to order, in case it's hard to understand me.