By harshdoobie - 18/01/2012 15:18 - Canada

Today, while looking in the mirror at my full-blown grease-spewing acne-riddled face, my father came up behind me and said, "Don't worry son, I had acne like that when I was your age". I replied, "No you didn't", and his immediate response while laughing was, "No, I didn't." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 145
You deserved it 3 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's ok OP. having acne at this age means you wont have it later in life, when it's probably more important. Also, that was interestingly descriptive o.o

Mr25_fml 14

Just tell him "I have a bigger penis"

Comments

ssnowywinter 0

And potentially make the problem worse ...

GoW_Chick 14

Oh dads, they know just what to say when your feeling down, don't they? ... and I saw someone say "pop them," don't, you don't want the acne scars that come as a result, just put some ice on on the bad ones, and ask your dad if he can take you to a doctor so he can check it out, and possibly prescribe something to help.

ssnowywinter 0

Ice really? I've never heard of that, does it actually work? (I really am curious, I have some problems of my own, I'd like a new option!)

GoW_Chick 14

Ice can help with the swelling of those really bad ones, and calm the irritation a little, it's not going to make it magically disappear but it helps.

ssnowywinter 0

I'll have to try that sometime, thanks!

TheDrifter 23

put the ice in a ziploc behind a dry cloth. Don't rub, just hold it on the swollen or itchy area. Some of the oil in your skin will surface as the swelling goes down and the cloth will help keep it from being reabsorbed.

You make it sound like what I did to my dick after I got sacked by a soccer ball 156

Have you seen a dermatologist? Everyone is different and it may take a few different types of medication before you find one that works.

Their medication is harsh; not worth being unable to eat without barfing and passing out.

2ndSucks 15

Not all of it is harsh. My doctor gave me a topical prescription (Differin, I think) that has worked like a miracle and, with a bit of lotion, has no ill effects on my skin or the rest of me. (:

Acne medication works wonder. I also heard getting out in the sun helps alot as well.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Vitamin D is also a potent antioxidant, and strongly anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is the reason harmless clogged pores turn into giant inflamed monsters, and oxidation causes damage to the cells in you body, including your skin, so vitamin D could help a lot. The only way to naturally obtain vitamin D is through sun exposure. Just about 15 to 20 minutes a day is enough.

lizard399 0

That's why you don't press people when they try and help you feel better. You'll find out most of the time that they don't give a shit. It's only ache though, it'll pass with time.

Leave some toothpaste on them overnight. It dries them right up

desireev 17

Oh okay! Haha I was like 'Bruh?.... Hhhhmmm... What could that mean?...'