By erin3809483 - 23/05/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, while installing a deadbolt on my closet, I did it wrong. It closed but wouldn't lock so I had to re-install it. Sitting on the floor of my closet, I shut it to make sure it was installed correctly. I locked myself in for twenty minutes, home alone, before kicking the door down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 867
You deserved it 50 525

erin3809483 tells us more.

erin3809483 0

umm a deadbolt on my closet because i'm home from college and my sister steals all of my clothes. also, its not a deadbolt but like one of those doorknobs that have a key lock and when you install a new doorknob there is the piece that clicks into the wall when it shuts. I installed it backwards to decided to check and make sure it was right the 2nd time and it clicked therefore, i was locked in the closet because you install the knob after that.

Top comments

Duckie101 0

.......deadbolt.....on a closet? umm....por que, man?

Why the hell were you installing a deadbolt on a closet??

Comments

I agree with #5 and #7, this story is totally fake! You couldn't possibly have locked yourself in because either you locked the door on the side with the lever, in which case you could just turn in back, or you used the key, and in that case you'd STILL HAVE THE KEY to unlock the door! If you wanna make up a FML story at least think it through first! Ass.

so_me_fml 0

Well I think this is hilarious. People do silly stuff. You know, sometimes we have brain farts. Nothing to be ashamed of, it's just early signs of our impending dimentia :P

obv this is made up how the **** do you lock yourself in the closet?

GrkGrl 0

hardly an FML...you weren't even locked in for long. YDI

CapriceClassic 0

Dude, WHY do you even need a lock on a closet? That in itself is lame.

EatATree 0

Why??? Why a deadbolt on a closet door?!??

arienh4 0

Everyone who calls this fake, two things: 1. A deadbolt can have locks on two sides. 2. He might not have had the key on him at the moment.

he wouldn't be able to close it if it was already locked. he would have to have the ability to lock it before he locked himself inside.

Clearly not everyone can DIY! Dude, next time, carry your cellphone. Btw, couldn't you unscrew the hinges of both closet doors to get out, instead of kicking it down? Sounds like you did have the tools in with you?

#19 if he didn't have the key then how did it lock?