By Mitch - 19/07/2012 17:36 - Puerto Rico - Bayamon

Today, while I was working my shift at the store, my girlfriend appeared and asked to talk to me. Once we were alone, she burst into tears and started sobbing. Turns out someone's dad died in her favorite TV show and she wanted some comfort. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 379
You deserved it 3 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're telling me that you have NEVER cried at a movie or tv death?

Not gonna lie; I cried when Hedwig died.

Comments

I cried when David Tennant died on Doctor Who.... I completely lost it. Comfort her OP! *runs off sobbing*

Oh my gosh I know!! I literally could not get over that one for so long... It still gets me when I think about it :'(

I cried when Sophia died from "The Walking Dead" ): Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in some shows.

MagicGiraffe 12
unknown_user5566 26

That's certainly a dramatic response to a fictional person's death, but I can't say I've never cried over a character dying. When Hedwig and Dobby died in Harry Potter, I definitely shed a few tears!

KiddNYC1O 20
KiddNYC1O 20

Oops, disregard last comment.

CCDNRGD81411 3

I felt a lot of goosebumps during the jurassic bark episode of futurama. Quite the sad episode

53, How the hell did your earlier incorrect comment get thumbed up and your correction thumbed down? I don't think people even read anymore before passing judgement on here...

olpally 32

It's always sad when someone dies, even if it's just a tv show. :/ you're a good bf to console her at work.

Hope you patted her on the back and got a quickie at work ;)

shamonie22 9

Just for fun later you should show up wherever she is at with depressed look on your face and tell her you need some comfort cuz she can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

All of the people that are saying "Tell her to get a life." "She's crazy!" Obviously aren't human or are void of all emotion, because I can guarantee many, many people have cried at the death of a movie/television character. And even if you're like me and haven't, you should at least sympathize, because I'm sure the majority of you hypocrites have at the very least been upset about a movie/TV character's death. I came the closest to crying when I watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and I'm not ashamed to say so. Yes, the hysterics were a bit much, but I can at least relate.

I sobbed like a baby at The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

24 - There's quite a difference between crying during a sad point in a show/film, and going as far as to interrut someone at their workplace to be consoled over the death of a person who doesn't even exist.

46-I agree OP shouldn't have been interrupted at work, but people on here are acting like crying over a movie is stupid and unheard of.

60, Not at all, those comments never state she's crazy or needs a life because she cried over the death of a character. I took it to mean she needs a life because she took it so seriously she thinks it's appropriate to interrupt someone at work like a real person died. There is no denying her actions indicate a level of emotional instability, that behaviour isn't normal.