By x_udontknowme_x - 05/01/2011 16:41 - United States

Today, while I was out of the office, I'd left my phone charging inside. My boss informed me that since I am clearly running up her electricity bill, it will be deducted out of my already nearly non existent paycheck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 326
You deserved it 4 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

roaminginsomniac 0

Find another job. She is Clearly too stupid for you to work for. She can't take it out of your check. It's not legal.

knibbsy 4

How will your boss know the exact cost your cell phone added to the bill? Shank your boss in the parking lot. Now.

Comments

carathemermaid 3

And your response should have been, I'll see you in court then, hag, I QUIT!

Dejaay 2

Lets just say your boss is CLEARLY evil and good at making up excuses.

Ask her how she plans to figure out the percentage of electricity your charger is using, without charging you for other electronics' and appliances' usage in the office like your computer, monitor, not to mention lighting, and heat. If she can figure out the percentage of watts your charger uses per hour...then ask her how she plans to estimate the cost per watt. I'm almost positive it's possible...but I wouldn't be paying without some hard statistics. Orrr...charge your phone before you leave the house and stop being so irresponsible, OP.

perdix 29

If you left your phone charging for an entire year straight (and it was constantly being drained!), it would use about $5 of electricity. If she charges you more than a few cents, you need to accuse her of stealing.

humhum6 0

Woah are you serious? I didn't think it would be that cheap! doesn't it depend on what phone you use though? I use an iPhone 3G, surely the amount varies?

humhum6 0

24 - ouch. I like my phone, what do you have?

ideasrule 13

If you keep an iPhone on its charger for a whole year, it would cost 4 dollars. This is assuming that the charger always draws maximum current, when in reality, it draws nearly 0 current when the phone is fully charged.

perdix 29

It doesn't really matter, humhum. FWIW, I have an iPhone 4, but that's not important. A typical charger uses 5 watts at its maximum and as the battery becomes charged, it goes to practically zero. Suppose you charge up a dead phone and it takes two hours to fully charge (and it does that at full power), then you would use 10 watt-hours of electricity that's 1/100th of a kilowatt-hour. I pay a relatively high rate for electricity, about 12 cents per kWh. So a charge costs about 1/8 of a cent. If the boss docks the OP more than a penny a week, she's ripping her off. The hypocrite boss probably uses up more juice diddling herself with a 3-phase, high-voltage vibrator during working hours.

humhum6 0

Haha thanks Perdix, but I'm sure he was just trollin'. By the way, I've been on FML for about 2 years but only just got my account activated. I'm a big fan of DocBastard Freeze NerdsGetMeHot RedBlueGreen (if I got the colours right) RedPillSucks Perdix and a load of others!

diablodeldragoon 6

3-phase power is charged at a cheaper rate than single phase, at least in oklahoma. my fathers machine shop running at full capacity only cost him around

diablodeldragoon 6

3-phase power is charged at a cheaper rate than single phase, at least in oklahoma. my fathers machine shop running at full capacity only cost around $100 monthly. it is a hobby size shop though, only got 6 machines.

GabbanaGirl 0

sucksss!!! YDI for being a jackass

GabbanaGirl 0

thank ya but that's y boyfriend and I'm a girl, hence the name. off limits bitch!!

And then she won't have any salary coming in and won't be able to pay bills or buy food and other necessities. Good thinking!

Little reading lesson; her pay cheque is already none existing. Meaning, she's probably an intern. So, I doubt this is where she gets money for necessities.

UpsidedownKayak 9

Boner, I applaud you for that service announcement for safety. I, too, have fallen many times running up the electricity bill. Please walk and use the hand rails.