By Anon - 24/03/2012 02:42 - United States

Today, while hiking and wearing sandals, I stubbed my toe. This wouldn't have been so bad had it not been into a cactus with 3 inch thorns. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 406
You deserved it 32 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sandals + hiking = no. And now you have learned.

YDI for going hiking in sandals. They have hiking boots for a reason.

Comments

How does that even happen?! I understand stubbing your toe on furniture and whatnot... But aren't the cacti with the long needles usually really big? Regardless, as everyone has pointed out, you deserve it for hiking in inadequate footwear.

You deserved it for wearing Sandles, but maybe those were the only shoes you had so I won't judge. I voted both.

ididntdoit1980 8

That's like having sex with a prostitute and not using a condom. It's stupid and you deserve the consequences of it.

caitlingeorgia 0

How did you even walk out of the house in sandals without thinking, damn, I'm going hiking, on a scale of one to ten, how likely is it that I'm going to get injured in these shoes. You deserved it.

When I went to Croatia in the summer we went to a nearby island and had to hike to the beach. Took 20 mins or so. I was wearing sandal-heels coz I didn't know lol. I was too high up to stub my toe :p

PYLrulz 17

You know that's why hikers usually wear boots. Hell, even a pair of sneakers can do if the terrain isn't that bad

It actually could have been worse - tiny spikes are so hard to get out...

Wtf hiking in sandles.... Hate to say but YDI

The first thing I thought of was: How did you not see the cactus with three inch thorns? One would think that one would pay better attention while hiking in sandals.

texas_redneck88 10

The first thing I thought of was: How did you not see the cactus with three inch thorns? One would think that one would pay better attention while hiking in sandals.