By ugh - 21/04/2012 05:12 - United States - Athens

Today, while driving home after the legal curfew, I narrowly avoided a police roadblock and backtracked a mile to drive home another way. I then ran out of gas a mile away from my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 989
You deserved it 30 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just push the car home. When the officers stop you and ask what you are doing, tell them you tried to make it home before curfew but ran out of gas.

Comments

linkinpark98 23

Broke curfew? Avoided a police roadblock? Yeah, I'm guessing you were drunk. YDI.

Francismori7 0

Breaking curfew is a way to say "too drunk to drive". So YDI bad

Not at all... Wtf? Lol. I've more than once stayed at a friends later than 12. Girlfriend / Boyfriend? Grow up. There's no indication they were drunk or high.

She was probably having fun causing her to stay later than her curfew

Seriously, places in America have legal curfews? That's screwed up. And people say England's turning into a Big Brother state...

cheetahbaby96 8

I do not agree with the curfew, but it is in place for those under 18. Most cops don't really care unless you're real young and all they usually do is take you home and get you yelled at. The curfew is 11pm-5am.

^I know someone who nearly got arrested for being out after curfew on foot in his on neighborhood.

TheDrifter 23

Some places in the USA have youth crime and vandalism rates ten times the worst Great Britain has seen. Still, most "curfews" are new driver restrictions, where op could have parked and legally walked home, or part of a probation deal.

cheetahbaby96 8
debbster7 18

The legal curfew is probably the dumbest thing ever created. Over here in Texas it's at midnight. I'm pretty sure everyone has stayed out past that for some reason. Like I did once to go to the midnight premier of Harry Potter. Or what about when we get home from Prom? That ends at midnight too. The curfew doesn't stop anyone from going past it do why even have it? And, I don't think we should assume OP was drunk. ANY sane person would do the same thing.

Curfews do suck. In my state, you can't drive between 1 am - 5 am.

I didn't know we had a curfew in Texas. Isn't it according to the license you have? I was told that when you have a permit you can't drive from 12-5 am and without a adult over 21 and with a license, restrictive you can drive at whatever time but you can only have a maximum of 2 people under 21 and without a license, and the full one was like you can drive anywhere, at anytime, with anyone (or no one)

You have curfews in the US ?! Why ? I thought it was only for wars or epidemic states of emergencies. Aren't the USA supposed to be land of freedom ?

Michael_92 20

Well to be fair its only for young drivers because they do not have much experience.

cheetahbaby96 8

You're free unless you're under 18.

for us here in California its only the first year of holding a provisional license that you have curfew (you only are given a provisional if you're under 17 1/2) so by the time the year passed if you start at 16, your still a minor. So really I dont think we have a curfew for under age drivers with a full license.

36- there are so many young drivers who drive way better than people who have had their licence for 20 years. You pick up bad habits over time, young drivers are still fresh out of school, they remember what's good and bad. Not all the time, but I'm just saying you can't assume they don't know what they're doing because they're "young" or "inexperienced".

Michael_92 20

The majority of young drivers are a little bit reckless. I can tell stories if you wanna read what i have seen just in my town. Besides I didn't say the curfew was good did I?

55, Regardless of their ability to follow the road rules well they still lack the skills that come with experience. It applies to anything, just as you may have a better knowledge of something when you begin, your technical skills are still pathetic. You need to reach a comfortable medium to be good at something.

beastiness 14

Here in nc the curfews 9 with the exception if the reason your out is school or work related, sucks my brother got pulled over coming home from work for that

I wonder how many of the submitters who obviously qualify for a "YDI" vote actually think that they're going to find sympathy on FML?

The curfew is for people under a certain age that still have there learners permit, not a full drivers license. It's not like a military state curfew for all citizens.

In my state, there is still a curfew for six months after receiving a license, if the driver is under 18. Not necessarily just a permit. OP may be relatively new to driving, which may somewhat explain them not realising when to freaking fill up their tank.