By anonymous - 26/01/2013 08:42 - United States - Fairbanks

Today, while babysitting my neighbors' kids, their oldest son used a paint pen on the carpet. The boy blamed me and I got fired. He's only 3 and can barely talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 197
You deserved it 5 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vinchenzo_Flux 8

Weren't you watching him? YDI because that's your job to watch him OP.

Airman1988 9

That boy has a future in politics.

Comments

Criminals these days start so young! Before long he'll be yanking car stereos from their ports and streaking down the road.

He might have had practice streaking already lol. I know a lot of 3 year old boys who think it's funny to run around naked lol.

Michael_92 20

Not gonna lie but I would have fired you too. You have a job, to watch my kids. If they are able to find this pen, crawl around then use it then clearly you aren't watching them as you should be.

The kid was 3 and the oldest of the neighbor's kids, this implies there were one or more younger kids. Yeah OP should have been trying to keep an eye on him but you can't be everywhere at once. It takes less than a minute for a 3 year old to find a paint pen (that the parents have in the house, within reach) and draw on the carpet.

I wouldn't trust you with my life if my 3 year old managed to outsmart you either.

you don't have to talk to assign blame, a simple point will do.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You got fired because you weren't watching him.

While you may not have been the one to paint the carpet, clearly you weren't keeping an eye on him and should have been fired anyway. You can't leave a 3-year-old alone to their own devices and not expect them to get into something...

perdix 29

You should have burned the carpet and blamed that pyromaniac who is running around!