By Anonymous - 20/06/2014 19:21 - United States - Concord

Today, we went to the wedding of one of my friends. As she was about to throw her bouquet, my boyfriend muttered that if I tried to catch it, we'd be through. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 935
You deserved it 5 536

Same thing different taste

Comments

Should have caught it and said it's okay I'm sure my other man will marry me.

No sense of humour/fun.You are a lucky person

1dvs_bstd 41

yeah because not wanting to marry is a crime!

Respect101 17

yeah but if it's to the extreme of him wanting to leave her if she caught it, then why should they be together if he is willing to leave over a simple tradition?

1dvs_bstd 41

fmlers are so stupid. so he isn't ready to marry her and threatens to break up with her, quick get the shotgun and force him to the altar!!

I would have caught it then hit him with it.

How awful I would of tried and told him if I caught it "I'm sorry did you think I caught this for you? Oh no I'm waiting for a better man."

91hayek 31

Weddings bring on unwanted pressure and he probably sensed that. Still, I think girls get the pressure worse in general "Why aren't you married yet?" "Ooh looks like you're the only single one now!" "Are you going to give me grandkids? You're not getting any younger." If I were him I'd give you a break and just go along with it; believe me, every single girl there definitely had some anxiety unlike the guys who probably just got drunk and tried to pick up a vulnerable girl.

On the plus side you now know where he stands. Upto you now OP whether to look forward for a ltr or move on.

...You mean ex-boyfriend, right? No one should have that much control or be that disrespectful of a happy occasion.

You should be through after that comment!

martin8337 35

Clearly not marriage material.