By ozzy - 06/11/2016 09:18 - United States - Campbell

Today, was trying to have an adult conversation with my fiancée but she's always on her phone, so I sent her a text message instead. Relationship goals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 887
You deserved it 1 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

*rereads beginning of FML* Wait, OP, why was Today chatting up YOUR fiancée?!

TheEpicKitten 20

Comments

If you're such a low priority to your fiancée now, your marriage is going to be shit. She treats you like this when you can walk away for free. Imagine how she'll treat you when it will cost you a fortune to leave. The bullet is coming, dodge it.

jesus, I think I need to re-evaluate my relationship goals after this comment.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge this marriage!

I see your FML and raise you one. My girlfriend insists we talk about major issues by text and likes to text while talking to me. Bright side, she isn't paying attention so I tell her anything I want.

Personally, I find it easier to tell someone things over text. I'm really shy with people, but I still don't see how it would be a problem once you get to know someone intimately. Someone should be able to open up to someone who is their fiancee. I may be addicted to the internet, but I'd still put it aside to have quality time with the people I care about.

Urpoppy 21

You might want to think again about marrying this person.

I won't even be friends with someone who doesn't have enough manners to put their phone down once in a while. Not seeing a happy marriage for you if you don't find a way to deal with it now.

You think that's bad, wait till the sex slowly dries up into little to nothing. I hear a lot of married people at work bitch about that part often lol.

That marriage is over before it started.

Maybe you should have a talk with her? One that starts with how unheard you feel & how easily it could lead to disrespect & feelings of isolation. I try to steer clear of my instincts in these kinds of situations (I'm a diehard commitmentphobe) but they're screaming that you need to run. Seriously. Have that talk then decide if you need to walk.

The FML is proof that won't work. OP clearly was trying to do JUST THAT. Op attempted TALKING and had to resort to text just to be "heard".