By mybmw - 14/10/2009 10:39 - United States

Today, was my mom's birthday. I recently got my first job, thanks to her, and could finally afford to buy her something nice. I spent my first paycheck ever on buying her a very nice bracelet. She said it was nice, then asked if I would mind if she exchanged it for one she actually liked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 001
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she will pick herself up something she will actually wear,better then having it lying around in her room...still ungrateful thi!!

I've given plenty of jewelry for women in the past (mother, sister, girlfriend). Personally, I would rather them say something like this to me than wear something they do not like! You have given your Mom a gift that she is grateful for no doubt - just because she has a different personal preference does not take away from that!

Comments

Ok well, I agree with #2. At leat this way she'll wear it. And if it was me, I would have said to my mom "Hey, to thank you for getting me my job, I want to buy you something nice. Would you want to come with me...." etc. Unless doing that would make her pick something overly expensive, but hey. Just a thought.

LeStab 4

wow what a bitch take that shit back from that ungrateful witch

Agreed. Sorry OP, but your mother is a bitch. That makes you a... maybe you're adopted! :D

Congrats on your job. Now you just need to grow up.

Not an FML, just let her get what she wants.

that's not even an FML.... moderators plz!!!

Not really an FML. I wouldn't even say it's ungrateful of her to ask. In fact, I'd say she's been very polite in asking if you minded her exchanging it - at least she didn't just change it without asking.

perdix 29

If she were being completely honest, she'd say, "Thanks, this will help me buy LOTS of crack!"

justmyluck1212 0

she's ur mum, she's just being honest, if it'd make her happier getting the other bracelet she'd appreci8 ur gift more.. quit whining

I've given plenty of jewelry for women in the past (mother, sister, girlfriend). Personally, I would rather them say something like this to me than wear something they do not like! You have given your Mom a gift that she is grateful for no doubt - just because she has a different personal preference does not take away from that!