By Undercover_Agent - 25/05/2016 06:04 - United States - Ankeny

Today, upon my arrival at work, I was greeted by 2 police officers, 2 managers, my coworker, and a meth-head in my office. They quickly told me that the meth-head was wearing stolen merchandise under her clothes, then left me alone with her, saying I had to watch her undress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 861
You deserved it 783

Undercover_Agent tells us more.

Undercover_Agent 13

Hey, original poster here, I would like to add a few more details since I couldn't in the original post. First off, you should know that I work as a loss prevention investigator at a large retail store. I was excited when I arrived at work since I saw the two police cars outside; that meant my coworker caught a shoplifter. So I clocked in, grabbed my keys and entered my office to find everyone in there. All of the police officers, my managers, and coworker were males and so I was the only female. They must have been waiting for me to come in because they told me that and left me alone with her almost immediately; I still wasn't entirely sure what was going on. I did not want to watch the meth-head change; it was not a pretty sight and I don't get paid enough for such things. I also had the added bonus of having my office smell like drugs after she left. What a great welcoming to work...

Top comments

If she is the only female, then she would have to be the one to do it.

This should be a wake up call to them that they need to hire more female workers.

Comments

Sounds like a great start to the day.

metalcrazed 21

That would be extremly illegal and make those cops and everyone involved lose thier jobs. Also forcing a woman to undress in front of you without consent kind of makes you a sex offender. Hope she presses charges.

mariri9206 32

I could kind of see your point for most of your comment but that last sentence just ruined it. For one thing, she was STEALING. She was stealing CLOTHES by putting them on and hiding them under her actual clothes. They have every right to get their merchandise back and ensure they're getting all of it back. If anyone is able to press charges, it's the store. For another thing, it does not "kind of make" OP "a sex offender" - she was doing her job and I doubt they made the shoplifter take off any undergarments, if she was wearing any. For another and final thing, you shouldn't be hoping for a shoplifter to press charges, especially when they really have no leg stand because, if they did have a case, they also broke the law and the company could just as easily turn around and sue her for attempted shoplifting. Also, they actually have the funds to spend on lawyer - they probably have one on retainer, actually, seeing as OP clarified that they're a large company.

Let's not forget the drugs she might've have had on her or in her bloodstream.

I take it there are two reasons why this story made it here, #1 the meth head was ugly and #2 you didn't have any ones in your wallet... :/

Undercover_Agent 13

Hey, original poster here, I would like to add a few more details since I couldn't in the original post. First off, you should know that I work as a loss prevention investigator at a large retail store. I was excited when I arrived at work since I saw the two police cars outside; that meant my coworker caught a shoplifter. So I clocked in, grabbed my keys and entered my office to find everyone in there. All of the police officers, my managers, and coworker were males and so I was the only female. They must have been waiting for me to come in because they told me that and left me alone with her almost immediately; I still wasn't entirely sure what was going on. I did not want to watch the meth-head change; it was not a pretty sight and I don't get paid enough for such things. I also had the added bonus of having my office smell like drugs after she left. What a great welcoming to work...

This should be a wake up call to them that they need to hire more female workers.

.. this is why the HR people are all about diversity and inclusion at the workplace nowadays

50% of their female workers have stolen and smoke gear. Seems like they should just get rid of the women.

I don't mean to be rude.... But it kind of sounds like you're complaining about the job YOU signed up for. :/ Not much sympathy here

regib 8

#36. Loss prevention is just to keep an eye out for shoplifters, it's nothing about watching people strip. They should've had a female police officer there during what was pretty much a strip search.

39 is right 36. I'm pretty sure strip searching isn't in the job description. OP was just unlucky to be the first female to show up. I do think they should have waited for a female officer not just the first female to show up because it's really more appropriate for a police officer to oversee it. To me, anyway. That's just my opinion and I'm not going to try to make it yours.

why were you excited there was a shop lifting? job security?

#43 im a loss prevention associate too and it is literally the most boring job in the world. when we catch someone it makes the day pass a little faster and gives us a little excitement

43 Proablly, because the job is very boring. So when she has someone shoplift she actually gets to do things.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Bright side free strip show, no tip.

I hope you at least played some good music for her.