By lolbahadur - 16/03/2018 14:00 - Australia

Today, I called in sick at work and went to the bar, only to find out that my manager has a second job there. I am now jobless. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 703
You deserved it 8 630

Top comments

Zekfen 17

If you are going to do that, you always need to hit the bar one town over.

Comments

Zekfen 17

If you are going to do that, you always need to hit the bar one town over.

I don’t think so. He’s just very unlucky.

tounces7 27

Nah, regardless, calling off work to go drinking makes him an idiot any way you look at it.

Become a big stinkin’ drunk there and tip your former boss generously — you’ll get your job back!

That hurts coming from a person who doesn’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re.”

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

"your" right about that one...

Seriously, use your sick days for actual sick days, not to play hooky.

Eh, sick days can be taken for mental health as well. Sometimes, that may mean just needing a break, and you don't want to use your minimal vacation time for that... And in any case, 2 weeks of vacation in a year (what most American companies offer) is not enough. I say take off when you want and have a good time, if you already know you work hard.

Wintermelons 19

Welp, now you have more incentive to go to the bar! :D

tounces7 27

And become broke and homeless! Nothing like dealing with bad decisions by making even more bad decisions!

Just say what most people would. This is my pharmacy and alcohol is my medicine. Then he can't fire you because you were on medication.

Donut_Wizard 23

Just tell your boss that the doctor told you to keep hydrated, and so you went to the bar to get a drink.

Drinks that would make him even more dehydrated would make his lie even worse..

ThatGuy9679 13

I believe you have misread the situation

I have now idea how so many people managed to push "I agree" on this. It's the clearest YDI I've seen in months.