By Chuffy - 04/11/2012 07:28 - United States - Fort Collins

Today, to help me get over my crippling social anxiety, my therapist encouraged me to sing in front of a crowd, since I actually have a fine singing voice. I ended up fainting onstage, mid-song. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 236
You deserved it 2 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Screw that! You actually got onstage and started singing. I'd say that's making progress! Congrats, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm sorry OP, that really sucks :( Perhaps starting small would be a better idea, sing to your family, then to your friends, and work your way up, until you've joined a band or something :)

Comments

Ohhhh dear, the therapists are arguing. Who do we vent to now..?

yenidewi 11
Bliss391 7

Well good for you!!! You actually got up on stage and tried, And that's hard to do. I know you didn't have the outcome that you would have hoped for, but a lot of people wouldn't even have the courage to get up there and start singing in the first place.

doglover100 28

At least you got up on stage and tried.

So you made some progress in going on stage and performing half a song, that's actually good. No one overcomes that sort of thing in one fail swoop.

brierpoop 4

aww, OP. social anxiety sucks. I understand how much it sucks :/ don't go back to that therapist.

Well it sucks that you fainted and maybe throwing yourself in the deep end wasn't the best idea...but hey - you sang half a song on stage - that's brilliant! It's more than I could do. Be proud of yourself! Hopefully this is a slightly unorthodox beginning to you getting over your fears. If you managed to get up their and sing maybe just talking to someone else won't seem as scary compared, no?

You did well getting up on stage. I know how it feels I have the same phobia.