By Anonymous - 01/06/2009 10:46 - United States

Today, three women came into my work and one was wearing a shirt with a rainbow that said, "We are everywhere". I had just gotten what it was referring to and when I greeted them I ended up saying "Hi gays!" instead of the standard "Hi guys". FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 993
You deserved it 51 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You wear a shirt that says that, you can't be offended by "Hey, gays!". It's a little funny. A little. :)

I live in SoCal - we refer to everyone here as "you guys". Just like in the south more than one person is "y'all". Guys doesn't always mean "male".

Comments

They deserve it! Why do people need to flaunt their homosexuality? I don't walk around with special stickers, emblems and shirts running around telling everyone how straight I am.

Because straight people aren't as discriminated against as gay people.

funkymunky27 0

so if it isnt wrong then why is it talked and debated about so much!? ever think about that!!

Igniculus 0

Just because it's debated so much doesn't always mean it's wrong. It may just be a topic that most people find difficult to accept or understand. Would you find underwear wrong if people debate boxers vs. briefs?

oarisimo 4

191 you're a dumbass! you don't even have a point.

there are shirts that flaunt being straight you moron. "hold my beer while I kiss your girlfriend" depending on what gender is wearing it, if your a man that would usually mean your straight would it not? "F.B.I.-Female body inspector" etc. Get some class.

Haha that's awesome. They probably weren't that offended.

ROFL. nice instinct you got there :D

I don't see how this is really all that bad, honestly. I hope you didn't spend time trying go correct yourself as #2 said. And I noticed that too. Accidents happen, we can't always say the right thing. Now get over it.

whatabouther 0

#10 I disagree a bit with what you said. It's like the whole thing with black/hispanic/asian pride. People usually don't see it as being racist, but if someone pops up with a white pride shirt. They go crazy. I don't know. I just wanted to comment on this. P:

FML. It was an innocent slip of the tongue.

Where do you work where you formally greet people with "Hi guys!"?

boreddoubletears 0

Casual resaurants' waiters and waitresses often greet like that since it is generally considered neutral. Places like Mimi's, Olive Garden, etc.

OneLittleAdditio 9

at juice it up and Starbucks I always get greeted like that!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

OMG. my friends screen name is minimoose! -sorry. i know that was completely off topic-

#1 - DIAF, you suck, yada-yada-yada. I'm tired of having to say this over and over.

#18 - no, YOU aren't deserving of any respect