By babyblues - 20/11/2012 19:45 - United States - Woodhaven

Today, this guy I've been dating for a few months freaked out and called his mom crying, because I told him I might be pregnant with his baby. He is 27. I haven't even taken a pregnancy test yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 890
You deserved it 30 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You said you were only dating for a few months. I'd be freaking out, too.

Comments

Why would you say that? Take a test first, and don't say anything until you know. You're a real winner, OP.

I don't see what's wrong with telling him. If I felt that I needed to take a pregnancy test, I wouldn't keep that a secret from my boyfriend until I did it. I'm sure OP didn't tell her boyfriend that she -was- pregnant, just that she might be.

15- lots of couples SHARE things in their relationship and are open about everything. I know if there was even a slight chance I might be pregnant, my fiancé would want to know.

chell1894 13

It takes two to make a baby. There's no reason the woman should be the only one stressing and worrying about whether she's pregnant or not when the man has just as much to do with making the baby as she does. The man deserves to stress and worry about it just as much as the woman.

Crying may have been an overreaction, but pregnancy is a life changing thing. He has every right to be anxious and maybe even scared.

I think crying was perfectly natural reaction. A few months isn't very long. He might see OP as a casual relationship and the thought of a lifetime affiliation with her might be more than he bargained for. OP, I'm not sure why you think you might be pregnant but I'd wager you told him because you were a little scared out, too. I've never seen a pregnancy test commercial where someone doesn't cry. It's rather unfair of you to judge him for being emotional and calling a person he trusts for advice or solace.

bizarre_ftw 21

Would you say that if OP was a girl? It is understandable to cry in that situation, no matter how old or what gender you are.

chell1894 13

Whether it was the girl or boy, crying is over reacting. When you become sexually active it is your responsibility to know that there is always a chance of pregnancy unless either one has a vasectomy or tubes tied. No other birth control is a 100% effective. There is always a risk and it is your responsibility to be prepared for that when you become sexually active. Or if a baby freaks him out that badly he should have a vasectomy or not have sex.

olpally 32

Don't say anything until you know for sure! I'd be flipping out too... Lol... Take a test first before you say anything!

How come you may be pregnant? -Did you forget the pill at some point? -Did the condom split? -Did you tell him you took the pill while you didn't? -etc. Guys freak out when these things happen while we do not think they will. Do as you say you do.

xXKaanaXx 7

YDI, seriously you've been dating for a few months!? Ever heard of birth control?

rifletwirler92 15

Who says they weren't on birth control? It doesn't always work.

Can you blame him for freaking out? You've only been dating a few months. Those words can be scary to anyone, even in a loooong term relationship. A baby is a huge deal especially, if not really. Btw they sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store. At those prices you could take a few to make sure it's accurate.

"Don't have sex, you will get pregnant and die!"

What??? A pregnancy is such a life changing event! You can't just pop up an anouncement like that "Hey babe, I might be pregnant.." he has all the right reasons to freak out, I wouldn't exactly excuse crying to his mother, but to freak out... Yes. Take a pregnancy test, and for the sake of humanity, lets all hope it's negative. Oh, and next time... Make sure you use some protection. (pill, condom, and the day after if necessary.)

Don't wait a couple months, times ticking on the abortion option