By calivianya - 28/08/2012 04:49 - United States - Greensboro

Today, there's a cricket in my apartment. I don't know if I'm more annoyed by the fact that it somehow got up three flights of stairs to get here, or that my cat is so excited about it that he's jumping on me and howling in my face to announce the cricket's presence instead of killing it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 130
You deserved it 2 199

calivianya tells us more.

Just so you guys know, I have a whole lot of furniture. I'm pretty sure the cricket was hiding under one of the pieces of furniture, but every time I got near my couch, ottoman, armchair, side table, or bookcase, it stopped chirping. It was pretty hard to tell where it was coming from!

Top comments

it's kinda like "meoooAaahhooowww". *prepares for thumbs down*

Comments

maemadness 2

The cat has become the guardian of the crickets.

expertsmilee 26

Maybe the cat is trying it's damnedest to tell you to get off your ass and go kill it, same as you're wanting it to do hmmm?

jem970 19

I think yowl is a better description of the noise he is making but I could be wrong. Your cat is awesome. But what would you rather him do? Kill it and bring it to you as a "present" or just kill it yourself and be done with it?

ideasrule 13

Why do you expect the cat to kill the cricket? If you wanted it dead (which boggles my mind - I love a cricket's music), why didn't you kill it yourself?

SeepingSarcasm 7

A cricket's music?? That's like calling whatever Justin Bieber is doing singing!

Dogluvr1197 30

Having crickets in the house is so annoying. They chirp all night and it's hard to find them since they usually try to hide behind furniture. There was one in my house for a week until my dog somehow killed it.

KommanderKush420 5
perdix 29

Pets take after their owners. The cat's wasting time yowling instead of killing the cricket, while the OP (original poster, for you n00bs) wastes time writing an FML instead of killing the same damn cricket.

Well crickets in the house are considered to be a sign of good luck in many cultures.

My cat does that with any bug in the house. He will jump on me, yowl/meow then chase it around. Very annoying early in the morning but very useful to have against spiders.

SLEinTN 7

That is a funny story and not an FML. You have free entertainment.