By Joshua - 03/06/2016 17:53 - United States - Weatherford

Today, the woman I have been seeing said she couldn't see a future with me. This was all because I didn't text her back when I fell asleep after working a double night/morning shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 502
You deserved it 1 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully you don't see a future with her either.

Did you tell her to ensure her psychic bond with the phone was strong after holding it for a while to transfer her energies into it? I too have trouble prognosticating with my phone, which is why I usually use my crystal ball, but if she /really/ tries, she could see all sorts of futures with you. Maybe you should tell her she's not making enough effort and then show her how a real psychic sees a future.

Comments

How is it that everyone is throwing the woman under the bus? I'm pretty sure that's not the whole issue, I'm also pretty sure if the brought her story to FML, this dude will be getting a backlash from this very same people

The usual "it's not the girl's fault she must have a reason". When the issue comes from a guy, dump him immediately and don't try to understand. When the issue is the girl "omg don't blame her she must have a reason. We don't know the full story !" Right ? In this case she thinks not replying to a text for a night because you fell asleep is a reason to break up, i don't think we need a backstory to understand she's way to demanding.

Why are you turning this into a gender issue #26? #12 was pointing out that we don't know the whole story and everyone was being quick to make assumptions and say bad things, when they would likely do exactly the same to the op upon hearing the other side of the story. It has nothing to do with the gender of either person.

I'm not "turning it" into something is already is. just pointing out what i see on every relationship fml. And as i pointed out as well, nobody needs a story to know that falling asleep and missing a text is NOT a reason to break up. But that person wasn't "just saying there must be a story" they're clearly saying if we know the full story, it will make OP the bad guy. So yes, the classic, the girl always does bad things because the guy did something bad first. It's always him. I, a female, never had a problem with my boyfriend not answering a text after work, because it seems logic to me that he's probably tired. Even if there is a whole story behind it, if i'm sad or can't sleep or in need of someone to talk. I'm not the center of the universe, i have no reason to get upset because the human being i am dating needs to sleep. Sorry to say a "full story" wouldn't change the fact everyone, including the people you date, have lives and can't answer your texts all the time.

r35pect 2

I agree, you deserve better!

There had to have been more to it than that

mrslegume 8

After that kind of behavior, you wouldn't want a future with her.

Right now it's an FML but in a little while you'll realize you dodged a bullet and then you'll be pretty happy you didn't waste more time on her.

healthcarechick 9

She's obviously a possessive psycho!!!!!

Good riddance honestly. If she's the type of woman to expect you to work your ass off and not sleep because her texts should be immediately answered. It's a good thing you don't have a future with her.

Be glad you're shit if her. You don't need someone like that in your life.