By devakii - 16/10/2009 17:27 - United States

Today, the power went out at work. As everyone left the building to go home, the owner came in to inform me that, since the phones were on a battery back up, I would be staying to man them. The phones rang 2 times in the 4 hours I sat in the dark by myself. Both times were telemarketers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 246
You deserved it 2 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, in the dark? I would've made a giant blanket fort or something of that caliber.

Getting paid to do next to nothing for four hours... I could think of worse things than boredom.

Comments

Oh no, I got to sit around and do what i wanted for four hours and got paid for it. Wah.

Melodyfire 0

dont mind what everyone else is saying. id be mad too if everyone got to go home and watch tv, catch up with friends, and do whatever they wanted for the day while i sat in the dark. so you have a job... i believe that entitles you to say what yo want about it. people who complain about you not liking your job are just irritated because they dont have one and they can go ahead and get over it. has noone here been told "if you dont have something nice to say, then dont say anything after all"? i learned that in kindergarten, maybe yall should go back and relearn how to be a nice person.

cherry_blossom 0

It's the internet. No one's nice.

I have a job, and I think this person is dumb for complaining... at my job you have to be on the move constantly. If I was asked to just sit around for four hours and get paid I'd do it.

This FML gives me a very funny image. Take this opportunity to steal a whole load of office supplies. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too many staplers or too much White Out.

does your boss happen to be Bill Lumberg?

Bonus: if the power's out, the security cameras are probably out. Even if they aren't, they won't catch much distinguishable footage in the dark. Rifling through the boss's belongings is definitely the way to go.

should have forwarded calls to your cell phone

Why didn't you buy a thousand of whatever they were selling and have it all shipped and billed to your boss? If he leaves you alone to handle the phone calls, he's giving you the authority to act on his behalf. It would have made the telemarketers' day AND your boss would have never left you alone with the phones again.

Well I know you wont be complaining on payday

It sucks that you had the singular misfortune to get stuck with phone duty, but at least you got 4 hours of work in for practically no effort. It's only a pity that you didn't have a book or something on you at the time.

lol at all the mouth breathers on here talking about how this guy should be grateful. I bet half of you don't even have a job, which is why you spend all day posting on FML. anyways, this sucks man. been there, done that, if you have a Blackberry just play the game "brickbreaker" now that is a way to pass time if ive ever seen one.

"ten times more important"? Are you a garbage collector? I think garbage collectors have the most important job in our society. Without them, our communities would be a mess.