By Brayden - 10/01/2016 03:27 - Australia - Crib Point

Today, the person I was driving behind put their car in reverse and backed straight into me. I was then yelled at and told, "I had my reversing lights on! Why didn't you move?!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 296
You deserved it 1 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MisterKnowItAll 15

It makes you wonder how some people even got their license.

You can fix the car, but you can't fix stupid.

Comments

I swear to God sometimes I wonder how some people are so stupid

I bet he wasn't brave enough to say that to the cops or insurance company. Good luck OP

moocowmilk0 19

Well, he's got a point—probably a few—on his license.

Which cereal box did that person get their license from?

Dont insult cracker jack boxes like that. This guy clearly picked it up off the ground somewhere.

This is why I have a camera on when I drive. I had some asswipe pull the exact same thing. He smashed into me at a red light by going in reverse and said I hit him. Cops were called and all. Once the cops got there I let him tell his side and then showed them my camera and video. Guess who got arrested for filing a false police report....

Just in case your camera malfunctions someday I was taught a handy trick for proving someone backed into you by my friend a mechanic: When you accelerate forward you'll notice the hood of your car rises - if you hit someone while accelerating forward your front bumper will be HIGHER than their rear bumper (or at least above where it would hit if the car was at rest), and your rear bumper will be LOWER When you reverse you'll notice the hood of your car dips - if you hit someone while accelerating backwards your front bumper will be LOWER than their rear bumper and your rear bumper will be HIGHER. Using this simple method you can easily prove to the cops who was doing what at the time of the accident simply by looking at where the collision took place relative to the normal mid-point of the bumpers.

no bro... just no... doesnt apply to every car.

You could also get a ticket for having a hand held cell phone. Even if its not a cell phone if it takes a hand off the wheel...Its a distraction so be careful about that.

Dash camera...... You can pick them up for about $40 at Walmart and they have damn good quality for a cheap price.

I had this happen and the cops said it's still the second drivers fault for being too close behind. I was more than a car length behind them at a red light when I glanced away and got hit. look up to see the car had reversed all the way back to me. I pulled out my phone and started taking a video of the damages and the man frantically apologizing and admitting fault. It was a long fight with insurances because it was clearly 100% his fault yet the law says the person behind is at fault automatically. Good luck OP

corky1992 33

Why didn't they look to see if anyone was behind them? Gotta love people who blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility

Oh man. That ones hard to fight. I had this happen to me at a red light once, the guy admitted he'd decided he wanted to be in a different lane and hadn't thought to look behind him since the roads were fairly empty at that time of day. But when it came to tell insurance what happened, his story changed...

That is why you always call the police to the scene so that an official report is on file. It does not guarantee things will go your way, but it protects you from the other driver lying to the insurance company. Of course he may still lie to the cops but the officer at the scene is better able to judge the a person on the phone at a call center.

What can I say, I was young and easily rattled. It's what I like to call high tuition for a learning experience.

That's an easy lay up, OP. He's gonna hate the conversation with his insurance agent.