By Shalamar - 15/12/2009 01:30 - Canada

Today, the new guy at work - who is probably at least ten years older than I am - admired the photo on my desk of myself with my husband and teenage daughters and asked, "Are those your grandchildren?" I'm in my 40's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 335
You deserved it 2 778

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could be a grandma in your 40s but unlikely to teenagers... Maybe they just look young?

mahabuddha 0

Would people stop using "myself" to sound more business like. You are using incorrectly. Your sentence should read, "...admired the photo of ME, my husband and my teenage daughters..." Myself is a reflexive pronoun such as "I kicked the ball MYSELF."

Comments

Waaaah, I'm a woman, and someone thinks I'm slightly older than I am! Waaaah!!! I swear, this needs to be a separate category on FML. There's like one of these a day.

perdix 29

Sarah Palin is a grandma in her 40's and I'd do her in a minute! That is, if they cut out her vocal cords. And if it were anything more than a one-night stand, we'd have to send her to re-education camp about her political views. You betcha!

Wow, congratulations on being... Ninth? xD hehe

My mom is in her 40's and now has 2 grandchildren

If people can have grandchildren in/by their 30's, then on a technicality, there really isn't anything wrong with the question. For all I know, "40's" could mean anywhere up to 49 anyway, the upper register of which is much less farfetched towards having grandkids than otherwise. Then again, he is getting old, so that could have something to do with it. Don't let it go to your head, Little Miss He-Scarred-My-Ego.

Fluffgirl 0

There's a big difference between being a grandma in one's 40s and being a grandma to TEENAGERS in one's 40s.

VolleyballSMASH 1