By notpregnantthankgod - 20/11/2015 17:20 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Today, the local gossip was in line behind me at the shop. She saw me buying pregnancy tests. The good news is that I'm not pregnant. The bad news is that she'll definitely have everyone thinking I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 560
You deserved it 2 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shouldn't be that hard to diffuse, just tell people the truth and anyone who doesn't believe you will obviously find out that they're wrong in a couple of months

if i was her i would watch my back! you can make a lot of enemys like that!

Comments

if i was her i would watch my back! you can make a lot of enemys like that!

At least it'll be easy to make her look like a dumbass when you don't start growing a baby bump. If there's anything I despise more than a gossip, it's the people that believe everything they say.

she will just tell people she got an abortion capishe?

Just curious why someone would 'assume' that someone is pregnant just because they're buying a pregnancy test? The whole point of them is to tell you if you are or aren't. Buying one doesn't automatically make you pregnant. If you were buying baby diapers, wipes, food, etc., then it would be easier to assume. You can tell people that if they start approaching you.

Keep your head high, OP. People like that only do that shit because they have nothing going on in their own lives. The people close to you won't care.

Just say I don't know what you're talking about. Obviously time will tell that you're not No need to validate that attention seeking behavior in any way

If it really bothers you just say they were for someone else and deflect the attention on the fact that you were buying personal products and someone took time out of their life to report on yours. that's more embarassing in my opinion.

So what was the point of buying them? Just for have them to spread a rumour that might come back and bite them?

Cause she wanted to know if she was pregnant, and she's not? She didn't know before she took it.

Congrats on the non-baby! Just about every woman I know has had a pregnancy scare, so hopefully the reaction to her "news" will be complete indifference, followed by her looking like the ass she is when nothing happens in nine months.

Lol something very similar happened to me a few years ago, I feel for ya OP.

This FML could have been better/worse (in your case) if you actually were pregnant. At least you dodged one of two bullets, but still FYL, OP!