By BikerGuy - 24/02/2016 06:31 - Canada - Alhambra

Today, the girl who likes me incredibly much asked me if she could come for a ride with me on my motorcycle. Normally this isn't a problem as I take lots of people out for rides for fun, but this time I had no choice but to tell her she couldn't because she's just too heavy for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 853
You deserved it 2 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Swandive235 27

That's the worst dude. I hope you let her down softly.

Dang, that sucks OP. Hopefully she understands

Comments

Peak times OP, hopefully you could turn her down in the nicest way and FYL & FHL

trellz17 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

As a heavy girl myself who doesn't know anything about motorcycles, I wouldn't even guess that I might be too heavy to ride. Especially with the variety of shapes and sizes that I see riding on the road. I doubt she knew.

It also depends on the make and model of the motorcycle. Some of them can take a lot of weight, some are delicate little fairy bikes.

trellz17 19

All the people who thumbed me down, must've been told they were too big to get on a motorcycle. Haha!

I'm definitely not too big to ride a motor cycle and I thumbed you down. You were thumbed down because your comment is insensitive and moronic.

trellz17 19

Boo hoo! Stop being so sensitive, there's worse things in the world than being too big for a motorcycle.

ChopSuey444 20

God you're a jerk, trellz. I normally try to find a witty charismatic way to tell others that they're awful, but I feel this is a case where it should just be said outright.

trellz17 19

I'm not a jerk and I'm definitely not awful. You don't know me and I don't know anyone on here personally. I was joking, I mean no harm to anyone on this site. Sometimes it's fun to just....pester people.

Yeah, hopefully she understands, but also, views it as an opportunity. Maybe set herself the goal of being able to go on a ride with OP after certain period of time. Fear of an impending heart attack caused me to lose weight, so maybe possible love can be her catalyst.

I wonder if it's because of a weight limit for the bike. Y'all know how elevators have up to like 2000 pounds that they move? Maybe the combined weight of the dude and girl would be too much for the bike.

it's not nessecarily that the bike can't handle it. if she is too heavy and he turns a corner her weight will cause the bike to topple over. the bike can most likely handle her weight it's the driver who can't compensate for it.

ThreeSheets 14

Especially if she's never ridden before and doesn't know how to safely shift her weight. Hell, a smaller person that's never ridden has to learn this. I agree, both of your safety was top priority. I would accept a kindly said decline, than both of you never being able to ride again.

Thanks 53! I've never ridden motorcycles so I wasn't sure what the whole deal was :)

It's more than likely a handing issue. I've driven dirt bikes before and if the weight isn't distributed correctly, for example, all of it being in the back, it can make for either a bad ride, or a serious safety issue. It also might be the seat for the rider is one of the smaller ones that is just big enough to make it legal.

Tell her to lose weight so she has an incentive to get a ride on the bike

Because we can all afford to buy a new motorbike purely to benefit one person.

Just be honest. you're already a good person for caring...

You did the right thing.. It is better than her sitting down on the motorcycle and it breaking from her weight since that would be much more humiliating... similair situation (not a motorcycle situation) happened to me when I was too overweight and no one had the guts to tell me I was too heavy.

bananassin 25