By Anonymous - 28/03/2014 19:23 - United States - Bloomfield Hills

Today, the girl I've been dating dumped me after she found out I'm originally from Alabama. Apparently she doesn't want to date someone from a "foreign country". We both live in Michigan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 668
You deserved it 4 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Move back to Alabama. I'll bet even there you'll find someone more educated than that.

Comments

Do you really want to be with someone so far less intelligent than you?

My guess is... yes, he does. OP said that they "have been dating", which implies that they've been together for 'some time'. We can fairly safely assume that this was not the very first time that her lack of general knowledge/ignorance towards worldly matters has presented itself. This makes me feel as though he knew of this downside, but decided to ignore it over her other assets.

Well intelligence isn't everything. Plus, ignorance in areas=/=intelligence. Anyway, I find that to spend time/love/fancy/whatever someone you don't necessarily need to be on the same page in every aspect. Maybe just the most simple of emotional connections suffice. That that person in particular gets you, understands you, or makes you tick? Other hobbies, interests and interesting uniquenesses maybe?

Either that or she was just a fine piece of @**...

I'm sorry, that last word was illegible. Speaking in english and without silly and mostly useless censorship would help with my comprehension. Not trying to be an @$§ or anything.

I would think it more indeciferable than illegible since it wasn't hand written. Perhaps unintelligible?

Illegible. I literally couldn't read it, that's how bad it was. Legibility isn't contingent on whether it is hand-written or not. Also: il·leg·i·ble (ĭ-lĕj′ə-bəl) adj. Not legible or decipherable.

Oh! So you did mean all three then since they're all synonyms. Well my apologies that such a simple symbol substitution offended your delicate sensibilities! Next time i will certainly keep in mind that not everyone is capable of abstract thinking and all vulgarities must be spelled out directly in order to be fully comprehended. My own amusement at your paltry attempt to stroke your ego by picking apart my joke aside, i would like to say one last thing- ¥0μ m@¥ n07 |3€ 4n @$$ |3μ7 ¥0μ m4|

I always found it funny how people felt the need to censor out swear words on a website called "**** My Life".

What the hell is this? "You may not be an ass but you mal?" Seems text language has bested you again.

CurlyQute 17

Maybe it's good that you're broken up... She isn't very bright.

Lol. You should've played along; talking in gibberish and calling it 'your country's language', mixing together random [disgusting] ingredients and calling it 'your country's national dish', and lastly, taking her least favorite song and calling it 'your country's national anthem' ;)

You will be better off with someone that won't even take the time to understand something about you, if she really like you she wouldn't care where you are from and would just focus on keeping you

Why would you find some one from up north. they are different than the Sweet as tea girls from down here.

Hey ya tool, we are the same up here as they are down there except we actually have to put on clothes for winter and don't have a drawl

not all of us are that bad...but your right. bless your heart

Tell her that you are citizen now, and that you are settling down in the US. She might take you back. Lol

Lebeaugars95 20

well doodly don diddly doo, I think it might be because it's not a country

She must have been thinking of Albania. Either way she is a moron for not knowing the difference.

Epikouros 31

No, it's an Arab county, the one Barack Hussein al-Obama was named after.

Not only is she really ignorant of her own country's geography but she also sounds xenophobic if she rejects someone only because they are foreigners. Not a great loss it seems.