By fezhafeez - 23/02/2016 19:26 - Singapore - Singapore

Today, the girl I like asked me to take over her shift at the place we both work at. Being nice, I readily took over. Later, I found out she went on a date with my best friend. He knows I like her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 629
You deserved it 2 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to get some new friends who don't backstab, hope karma does it's work

Comments

I believe that means he's not your best friend anymore. Hardly a friend, really.

I'm sorry, but as much as OPs best friend is going to be vilified on here, if OP didn't make his feelings to HER as well as the friend known, then she's fair game. For all we know, BOTH the guys were feeling her, and so it came down to who asked her first. There are a whole host of reasons as to why things turned out this. Moral of the story is, if you're into a girl, TELL HER! For every girl you like, there are 7.2 guys waiting in the bushes, and there is one who is brave and will make a move, so pre-empt any of that shit and make your move.

It is for this reason that if I am interested in someone, I make sure to let the woman know as soon as possible so they don't get the impression that I just wanna be buddies or whatever. If the "best friend" already knew OP was interested in the girl, and still decided that it was best to conduct business in this manner, then that is a pretty bad sign.

Exactly! People advocating for the "best friend" seem to overlook the fact that he knew prior to making his move that OP was interested in this girl. That's a dick move in my book.

If you don't have the courage to ask the girl out, you are not interested in her enough.

Well let me tell you buddy, YOUR BEST FRIEND IS A D*CK

The level of disrespect in this is higher than getting side-B'd off the edge by Ganondorf in Smash Bros.

Part of me thinks YDI for not acting on your feelings sooner, and feeling bad that someone else did. The other part of me thinks YLS as your friend obviously knows what they are doing will hurt you, otherwise you would of found out beforehand.

Maybe he likes her as much as you do, and just kept quiet about it. But before the date, he could've at least told you he was interested in her too.

How childish are you? Because you like someone they have to be interested in you, too? Your 'best friend' is probably interested in her too, and maybe he's more her type. Either way, bros before hoes and you probably don't know as much about her as you seem to assume. And if you work together then ended up in a relationship it would spawn all sorts of problems down the road too.

As much as it may suck, everyone has the right to be able to date whoever they to. Your best friend may like her more than you do. Just because your friends, it doesn't mean you can hold someone back from a possible relationship because you have feelings for the other person. Obviously I don't know the circumstances, that's just my opinion on what's been told :)

"Being nice" Sounds more like you only did it coz you're trying to get her to like you and it was more for your own benefit than for hers.

I'm glad someone else picked up on this. It's almost like if op knew she was going on a date (friend or not) than he wouldn't have taken the shift or something.