By Anonymous - 12/10/2015 09:11 - United Kingdom

Today, the canine behaviour course I am studying released a new assignment in which I need to film myself teaching a dog a new trick. The only dog I have access to is my sister's neurotic, anxious Chihuahua who bites at any sudden noise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 675
You deserved it 2 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go volunteer at an animal shelter! That should work for the assignment, plus you'll be able to give a dog that doesn't get much attention some much needed love! :)

If you went to an animal shelter or something like that I'm sure you could arrange something.

Comments

If you went to an animal shelter or something like that I'm sure you could arrange something.

I see your video going viral. You know, when you teach a Chihuahua to fly.

See if you could find somewhere else like a shelter or maybe even a dog park. Look for the young ones, Labs, German Shepherds and surprisingly Chihuahua's are easy to teach.

MonstreBelle 28

I have a German Shepherd who is very conniving. Sometimes she is so smart that it even surprises me. Other times she just looks at me looked like she doesn't know what the **** I'm talking about (usually when she's done something that she knows she shouldn't). So I've diagnosed her with SSS a.k.a Selective Stupidity Syndrome

I think it's a German Shepherd thing!

It's a pit bull thing to.. This is coming from a owner that's had both

MonstreBelle 28

45- I agree. I fostered a pit bull that had been used as a bait dog in a dog fighting ring because he was the runt of the litter. I ended up adopting him. He and my German Shepherd have become the best of friends. They may love getting in trouble together, but he is such a sweetheart. I hate that pit bulls get such a bad rap. .

That chihuahua is a high level dog. If you manage to teach it a trick, you might get a higher grade. Good luck OP!

10, if she trains this dog she will get enough experience to get to level 100.

Still a long ways to get to 120 when she can get her cape, though.

Go volunteer at an animal shelter! That should work for the assignment, plus you'll be able to give a dog that doesn't get much attention some much needed love! :)

bad_boyfriend 10

I volunteer at an animal shelter. We require people to complete 20 hours of volunteering (cleaning cages mostly) before they ever interact with a dog. You can't just walk up and say "I need that one for a video"

Why? That just seems odd. What if they want to adopt the dog? I adopted my cat (albeit different of course), but I was allowed to take him out and bring him to a "meeting room" where he could run around and I could see his personality when he wasn't in a cage.

bad_boyfriend 10

Yes, once you are approved for adoption you can do that. You can't just walk up and say "I want to play with tat one" the staff would waste all their time getting dogs out of there cages for college girls who just want to play with a puppy and have no intention of adopting.

CMMartin22 9

Teach it the "trick" to not bite at any sudden noise

If you go into dog training, there's a high chance you're going to have to deal with some difficult cases... But could you ask someone else doing to course if they have a dog to practice on?

dietcoke09 25

Animal shelters have some of the best dogs! Most shelters will probably let you do it but just be careful about the filming, you'll probably need to first get permission

wear an oven mitten and do a trick to bite it xD