By treehugger - 20/03/2012 09:47 - Singapore - Singapore

Today, since I was grounded, I tried to sneak out of my room to attend a party by climbing out the second-storey window and down the tree. I was unharmed, but I probably should have checked to see if my dad was in the garden before climbing down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 042
You deserved it 49 368

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry but no party is worth me climbing out a second story window. I rather not have a life than have a broken neck.

Comments

twinny_sc 13

The dad could have been just sitting in the garden, relaxing.

MamaBear1488 0

You sound like an idiot. I wish you had been harmed.

stewpididiot 11

Mama bear, I think you're a bitch for wishing harm on someone who did you no harm !

I'm sorry, I must have misread this. It almost sounds like you were grounded, decided to act like a dumbass and sneak out, and got caught. Surely you aren't THAT big an idiot, right? Sounds like you deserved to be grounded in the first place and even more so now. I hope your father practices some real parenting so you actually LEARN SOMETHING. Idiot.

Yet, another glaring example of spoiled, self-absorbed children that think they can do what ever they want.

The_Tool1 13

I know you're not crazy krirn, it deleted my comment

I'm no grammar Nazi by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not sure how this FML would surprise anyone just based off of the way it was worded alone. I'm fairly certain an English teacher somewhere just committed suicide after reading this.

As a southerner I would say when the kid does this while being grounded a whupping is in order. Sometimes that is the only thing that gets their attention and brings the proper chain of command back in order. I know this from experiences with my kids. Sometimes the sheer humiliation of it does the trick.

The way you have worded this sounds like you are training a dog.

I am training my children to know that all actions have consequences. When they CHOOSE to rebel against the original punishment something else must be done. My son has not put a toe out of line since the last time this happened. And yes, he is a well adjusted, funny, smart, and happy but if he needs to be embarrassed in order for him to stop acting a fool(southern saying sorry grammar nazis forgive me) I will be happy to oblige.

Birdie_Sage 0

52- look at the poor dog!!! .... *Looks at the comment above* .... Tweet tweet?

So, what you're saying is that OP's dad should spank him? I think he/she is a teenager, and anyways, it's wrong.

I feel the need to explain things better. We use corporal punishment only as a last resort. When grounding, taking away media, writing lines, ect does not work(and it usually does) we do use it. Granted our children are not older teens, when they are older teens we will use something else more than likely, but then again maybe we won't we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I am simply saying that in this case it would possibly happen at my house. Op is acting like a spoiled child so maybe they need to be treated as such.

Whenever I catch my kids who are grounded sneaking out, instead of punishing them right away, I give them a choice, they can go where they wanted to go and be grounded for an additional 3 weeks or they can go right back into the house and not go and only be grounded for the original timeframe, and be given a pass. I only allow them 2 free passes, so they need to decide whether its worth the additional time or not.

You're a lot more generous than I. No passes at the Bastard household.

Amen Doc. That is crazy to see them sneaking out and let them go on and go even with additional punishment.

I do it this way because I actually force them to decide whether its worth being grounded longer then what they normally would be. Surprisingly, its very few times they actually leave, they usually turn around and go right back in. But once those free passes are used, I catch them sneaking out again, they are totally screwed when they get home, especially if they sneak out after 10pm or so, because I will lock their bedroom window that they left unlocked, and lock and deadbolt all the doors into the house, and remove all the hidden keys around the outside of the house, so they either have to ring the doorbell or sleep outside when they come back.

perdix 29

At least you used the word "storey" correctly. I'm almost ready to forgive you just for that.

The_Tool1 13

I thought it was story? I never knew it was second storey.

Storey = British English Story = American English.

perdix 29

I learned it was "storey" for the level of a building, and "story" for account, tale, narrative, etc. In America, no less!

HeroOfHyrule 0

It's spelled story. Perdix fail.

^ It's spelled correctly. It's British English. They literally just went through this. Callout fail.

dirtbikeguy 14

Garden means yard in British English. Most places overseas teach that form of English and OP is from Singapore.

You are one of the biggest idiots on FML. Congratulations on getting your ass caught. YDI

bowser_rawr16 13

I believe you spelt "story" incorrectly. But that sucks on getting caught.