This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By fatass - 03/07/2016 17:12 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, since February 29th I've been on a strict diet of 1200 calories a day. I've lost 30 pounds and 3 inches off my waistline, but I still have a large gut. My doctor is making me stop, and now I'm going to gain all that weight back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 324
You deserved it 44

Top comments

Why would you want to be unhealthy and skinny when you could be healthy and fat? Maybe you could eventually become healthy and skinny, but evidently whatever awful diet you decided to go on made your body sick. Don't aim for weight loss. That will only hurt you in the end. Aim for having a healthy body, and the weight loss will come if your body needs that to happen.

Unlucky1232 20

no shit he mean u stop that's incredibly unhealthy. for that to be the minimum amount of calories your body needs you'd need you'd either need a 66.7lbs male or 80lbs female. That's.... not right at all. That's why you need to lose weight slowly

Comments

Why would you want to be unhealthy and skinny when you could be healthy and fat? Maybe you could eventually become healthy and skinny, but evidently whatever awful diet you decided to go on made your body sick. Don't aim for weight loss. That will only hurt you in the end. Aim for having a healthy body, and the weight loss will come if your body needs that to happen.

Unlucky1232 20

no shit he mean u stop that's incredibly unhealthy. for that to be the minimum amount of calories your body needs you'd need you'd either need a 66.7lbs male or 80lbs female. That's.... not right at all. That's why you need to lose weight slowly

Crash diets are rarely a good plan but you don't have to gain it all back. Sure, if you sit on the couch and gorge on fast-food you will, but eat a healthy 2000 Cal diet and be as active as you can an you shouldn't put too much back. The first fat to be consumed when you do sustained exercise (an hour plus) is visceral fat (around your organs and belly) so if you want to shift that gut, have a regimen of long walks of slow sustained cycling, along with your sensible diet.

If you're trying to lose weight, exercise might be more effective than a diet of the diet is unhealthy.

Was this a doctor suggested and monitored diet, or was this a "plan" you decided on your own? Either way, it sounds like you've got some body image issues you need to resolve- preferably without dieting, because that kind of caloric intake? Really unhealthy. Some people just store their weight on their abdomen OP- it's probably just how your body is. If it really bothers you to this extent- because it sounds like your attempts to lose this weight are sabotaging your health- you should probably find a clinic that specializes in weight loss that can hook you up with dietary changes and an exercise program that is less likely to make you ill or cause you to gain rebound weight.

BloodyGlass 10

You're not a fat ass, you're beautiful in your own way, and if someone or multiple people are telling you otherwise, they're toxic and not worth having in your life.

It's good that your doctor made you stop, that's really a terrible way to lose weight. You can cut down the amount of calories you eat without endangering your health. Also it's as much about the type of food you eat as it is about the amount.

CallyWally11 7

Google Banting Diet, or LCHF diet. I lost 66 pounds in 6 months, eat as much as I want and I'm healthier than ever.

1,200 calories a day is not necessarily an unhealthy amount. It all depends on age, sex, height, and current weight. In the case of OP she probably just made the adjustment from her previous caloric intake to this restricted one too quickly. For proper weight loss, you have to decrease your calories slowly and while incorporating exercise. Also, what you are eating really matters. Not all foods are created equally and calories from vegetables will serve you better than the same number of calories from chips.