By piper182 - 29/09/2014 22:04 - United States - New York

Today, same as every other night, I sat in my car outside my home, just to avoid going inside. I live alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 883
You deserved it 6 519

piper182 tells us more.

Hey OP here, in my car... I work 11-12 hours 6 days a week so though I wish for a dog, I can't. I stay in the car because when I go in I have to plan for the next day. In the car it's quiet and peaceful. Living with others was worse but I am a lonely person. I do sometimes drink a beer once I'm parked. I agree it's sad and I'm not a very social person and I hate it about myself.

Top comments

I dont understand why someone would do that?

To the people that are all commenting about not understanding why; it's that a home can feel big and empty. Also that homes are generally seen as having multiple people in them. Whereas it is 'perfectly normal' for a person to be by themselves in a car The OP doesn't want to go home and face the realization that they're all alone, possibly with no family, friends and/or loved ones

Comments

I dont understand why someone would do that?

wildsweetchild 19

because it's not always easy to face 4 walls all by yourself.

at #57 I'd hope they're not drunk if they're sitting in their car.

orbit 22

It's better than driving the car while drunk #59

Better climate controls in the car? I've done that when it hasn't been quite cold enough for my building's heater to turn on before!

incoherentrmblr 21

But it can lead to driving #71...

He hates being alone in his new place he's used to it in the car

I'm usually just too lazy and comfortable to actually get up

ChristianH39 30

Same here, I've fallen asleep like that lol

...My level of understanding any possible reasons why is 0.

Poor guy, he probably wants to go out, have fun and then come home with a big smile on his face. For me it seems like he has a miserable, lonely life.

Because..... "Here in my car I feel safest of all I can lock all my doors It's the only way to live In cars"

wildsweetchild 19

because op knows that nobody is waiting for them at home...it's pure loneliness...it's not always easy to face it.

My reasons are either that it's warmer in the car than it is outside (my building has one of those systems where it has to be below a certain temperature for a certain length of time before the heat turns on) or a series of songs I love comes on the radio! OP sounds lonely, though, which is definitely not one of my reasons, since I love living by myself!

#54 is that a sign I'm overly anti social? I love the fact that there's no one waiting for me at my house.

ShadowlessSpear 21

#100 Well, if you live alone, I would hope there's nobody waiting for you.

No worries, 100, you and I can be antisocial together! ...wait.

This makes no sense so you deserved it? How is this featured…

Sugar_ray17 3

this is stupid. which is why at this moment it has no votes, except for dumbest fml ever.

To the people that are all commenting about not understanding why; it's that a home can feel big and empty. Also that homes are generally seen as having multiple people in them. Whereas it is 'perfectly normal' for a person to be by themselves in a car The OP doesn't want to go home and face the realization that they're all alone, possibly with no family, friends and/or loved ones

Well if it was off pimp my ride or something then I would probably also just live in it.

MegamiKaosu 28

That's what I was thinking 21, get a pet or something that fits your lifestyle so you have a reason to go inside :3

Besides #6's explanation, the only other reason I can think of is because OP lives alone, maybe a big, empty house scares them?

the house or apartment is not scary, now the soul crushing loneliness sucks, and it's even worse if you live alone around a bunch of families.

wildsweetchild 19

completely agree with #6. I've done that myself many times before. Op should follow the advice of #21 get a cat, or some other type of pet that fits their preference, that way he/she (sorry don't know ops gender) will have somebody who's waiting for them at home and can share those lonely moments with :) I've got myself a black kitten 4 years ago, now she's a gorgeous member of my family ;)

I agree, get a pet. Or at least find some good tv shows or movies to watch to keep you entertained. But if you can get a pet op, they can give such love and companionship!

He/she should get two pets so one of them won't be loney when he/she is at work.

AviKerensky 17
martin8337 35

Sometimes getting a roommate can be worse and more stressful than living alone.

Time to explore the magic of Craigslist!

Maybe you could play a radio or turn on a tv just as you get home. Or maybe even get a pet :)

Or a timer on the TV/radio set to start as they get home

Maybe making your place more inviting by lighting candles maybe some plants. Some new paint maybe. Or maybe you should talk to your doctor about depression... Just a suggestion

This is quite possibly the saddest FML I've ever read. :c Hugs to you, OP!