By Anonymous - 10/08/2013 10:05 - United States - Palmdale

Today, out of partying reflex, I downed Communion wine like a vodka shot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 503
You deserved it 49 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Did you belt out a big "Woo-hoo!" afterwards?

Comments

Well, in your defence, there would have been a line of people behind you waiting for the same slighly fermented grape juice. If you are alone next time ask the priest to bring out the crackers and cheese along with the wine and sit down for a nice chat on Darwins theory of evolution. Cheers

flyersfan345 5

The Catholic Church believes in Theistic Evolution, so they're would be no fight ovrr evolution.

#12, this is one of the FEW meaningful, thumbed up comments on this FML. I applaud you.

Ciraxas 7

22-no, the catholic church does NOT believe in any form of evolution

Actually 84, you're wrong. John Paul II and Benedict XVI, the last and current Popes respectively, both stated that evolution is compatible with Catholicism. That's not exactly breaking news, and it doesn't take much effort to look it up.

86, the current pope is Pope Frances. Pope Benedict stepped down from the position earlier this year. I know a bunch of people aren't interested in the Catholic Church, but this Pope is quite progressive, well, progressive for a Pope, and some of you may find him quite interesting. Not trying to sway anybody anywhere, just saying that a change is happening in Catholicism.

Whoops. Yeah, you're right about Francis being the current Pope. A bit too recent I guess. My bad.

LithFlavored 10

There's a time an place for everything op

Uhoh, the grassroots of religious debate. Please stop, I get enough of this on both sides at uni.

The drop out of arts and study something useful

What does OP's partying reference have to do with religious debate?

Nothing, but the debates are already starting

Also if you don't want the debates... Why are you in the comment section?

UnluckyGenius 21

It would have been humorous if OP started acting drunk and rubbing up on those silly hats.

What hats?? Because last time I checked..my Catholic priest does not wear a "silly hat." Or a hat at all in this case.

UnluckyGenius 21

Sorry the few times I have been in a catholic church they wore hats.

TxCountryBeauty 10

Are you sure you aren't talking about a Jewish church?

UnluckyGenius 21

I was there for my cousins confirmation, I think it is called. Then the last time I was in a catholic service they had a spanish cardinal or whatever the title is my mom recognized as like the head honcho for the Catholic churches near where we live.

For Confirmation, usually the Arch Bishop is the one who does the service. He wears hats. (:

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Priests would kill to have alter boys like you.

Well of life is anything like the movies, the entire church started singing soul

This was likely Catholic Church, not Southern Baptist. And Jesus rocks out to Gospel Music. Please.