By Anonymous - 03/05/2015 05:58 - Finland

Today, our new boss banned coffee from the workplace, comparing caffeine to hard drugs. His comparison may not be wrong; after two hours, I couldn't take it any more, and in between fantasising about his cold-blooded murder, I begged to be allowed just one last cup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 468
You deserved it 5 059

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chocolate covered coffee beans are your friend. Tell your boss they are chocolate covered raisins, and you'll be left alone. No one sane likes raisins.

Comments

I'm pretty sure a boss isn't allowed to just banned a known source of energy used in all work places. FYL OP I wouldn't last long there

Sandman2015 12

If they did lord knows they wouldn't live long enough to realize their mistake. If someone tried that here they'd find them twisting in the wind the next morning.

praesidiem 16

You don't drink coffee, because OP's new boss banned it from OP's workplace? Damn, maybe I need to quit drinking coffee too.

Actually I've never had coffee. I don't want to get dependent on it like OP is.

sailorarctic 22

The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem.

Sxylilhalfpint 20

Hi! my name is Patsy and I am a coffeeholic. I've been sober for 2 hours.

If that isn't illegal, it should be. FYL

Coffee drinkers just like smokers in a workplace spend a good portion of their day on a break while the non- coffee drinkers and smokers continue working. I want coffee to be banned at work just for the hell of it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

tehdarkness 21

You need to drink your coffee before work now. Set your alarm earlier son.

Cut the string off of a teabag, stick it to the inside of a thermos, with the tab hanging out, fill said thermos with coffee and tell your boss that it's tea. Problem solved.

Some tea has caffeine, couldn't he just drink caffeinated tea?

however, while some tea is caffeinated I'm fairly sure that it is nowhere near the amount of caffeine present in coffee.

Actually, I may be wrong, but I believe that your standard black tea has as much or even more caffeine than coffee.

i think its 75mg black tea, 100mg coffie but could be wrong.

I just looked it up. The average Black tea has 55 mg while the average coffee has 110 mg.