By save the koalas? uhh - 08/04/2013 14:08 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, our guest lecturer told us to imagine 25,000 dead koalas in our lecture theatre, and if that didn't make us emotional then we didn't care about them. She then went on a rant, during which she encouraged us to join the "koala army". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 630
You deserved it 3 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HowAreYouToday 34

She's clearly a very balanced individual, perfectly suited for motivational speaking..

Comments

septemberpeaches 8

How much is the enlistment bonus?

Corrupt_waffles 13

Koalas aren't related to true bears. They are marsupials. They have their undeveloped young crawl into a pouch to finish growing. In fact they are closer related to kangaroos. The more you know.

They're not bears?! B-but… they have all the koalifications!

perdix 29

25,000? I can only eat 3, maybe 4!

SenselessPattern 12

The Koala Army is actually isn't that bad despite all the bad rap it gets. It's much better then the Koala Navy and Air Force.

deet124 11

I wonder if they would fight alongside Conker...

Ahhh.. The benefits of paying for a university education...

When there's a situation in which smiling or giggling would be inappropriate, but I have the urge to do so, I imagine a litter of puppies lying dead in a gutter, and then I don't feel like smiling or giggling anymore. Just thought I'd share, since this FML also involves imaginary adorable, furry, cuddly deed animals.

SystemofaBlink41 27

That's...great... Now go play in the mud, Gracie...

You say that like it's an insult, 97, but what I'm hearing is brilliant suggestion for a fun activity.

FML always makes me feel much better about my decision to drop out of college.

So...How much is your current job paying you?

That's a pretty personal question, 38. And considering that a lot of college educated people these days STILL can't get a job and have thousands of dollars of debt on top of it, it might not have been a bad decision to drop out. College isn't for everybody, and I think it's really overrated these days. Don't be a such a snob because someone decided they didn't need college degree.

Did I take a position of superiority? I don't recall that part. Honestly though, college is still helpful if you have a job or not. Have you seen some of the unintelligent individuals who walk about pretending the world owes them something? Besides. To aim for a good and hopefully stable career, a college degree could support you and at least make you stand out a bit from the others signing up for a job.

You asked about what his current job pays. I'm going to take an educated guess and say that it was likely because you assumed he has a low paying job because he dropped out of college. If that's not snobby, I don't know what is.

What is snobby is the earlier FML with wine flying from the Original Poster's nose.

55, Depending on your field of interest you might do just fine without college education. Or even better than if you had one. Still, it depends on your field, character, talents and your brain. Having no college education probably won't work with medical career, but might work just fine with art, music, starting own business, writing, freelancing, sales or small-scale software development. Your region might also have jobs that do not require high level education, but pays really well due to tough conditions, although that's less "intellectual" path. On other hand, some people finish college/university and then can't find a decent job anyway. So while having an education might work in your favor, having an education guarantees nothing. You can always fail and die in a ditch.

Yeah, I think it's stupid when people go to college "just because," having no idea what they want to do with their lives. If that's the case, you'd be better off getting an entry-level job until you figure it out. Art least then you'll be making rather than spending money.

jem970 19

Yeah, look at art history majors. No way to make a career out of that. You don't always need a college degree to make a great living. It helps sometimes but isn't a prerequisite.

I make very little at the moment, but more than minimum wage. I'm not at all ashamed of it. I'm training in the field of business and practice multiple forms of design in my spare time. I'd prefer experience over traditional education under any circumstance.

Oh, and if I needed to have similar learning tools that college students have access to, there are plenty of free lectures online.